The Mandalorian (with Spoilers)

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
I wonder how many of these recent announcements will be flashback story line or are the all coming out of the wood work to randomly run into the Mandalorian.

Would be surprised if there wasn't a little bit of both. You have to think the great purge will be explored at some point.

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
Another surprising announcement for S2: Timothy Olyphant will join the cast as a “a new character or a returning favorite in a new guise.”

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/timothy-olyphant-joins-mandalorian-1294788

We already know the Jango Fett actor is coming back and rumor is that Boba Fett is coming back - could Olyphant play Boba Fett (it doesn’t have to be the same guy that fell in the Sarlaac Pit after all)

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
Another surprising announcement for S2: Timothy Olyphant will join the cast as a “a new character or a returning favorite in a new guise.”

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/timothy-olyphant-joins-mandalorian-1294788

We already know the Jango Fett actor is coming back and rumor is that Boba Fett is coming back - could Olyphant play Boba Fett (it doesn’t have to be the same guy that fell in the Sarlaac Pit after all)
Boba Fett is just another clone of Jango, so I'm sure Temuera Morrison will be playing Boba.

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
Boba Fett is just another clone of Jango, so I'm sure Temuera Morrison will be playing Boba.

https://www.slashfilm.com/timothy-olyphant-mandalorian-character/

Read the article at your own risk, but here is the main takeaway (in Spoiler tag):

Our sources have confirmed to us that Olyphant filmed scenes wearing Boba Fett’s Mandalorian armor for the upcoming second season of The Mandalorian. That might sound confusing because earlier this month it was reported that Temuera Morrison, who originated the role of Jango Fett (Boba’s clone father), had been cast as Boba Fett. So what’s going on here?

/Film was the first to break the news that Rosario Dawson would play Ahsoka, so this rumor/spoiler has some merit.

tman24

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2008
I'm kind of surprised they bothered having anyone famous play the role of Boba. Never have his helmet off and have him voiced by Dee Bradley Baker (the guy who did clone wars clone voice overs). Also I don't think he ever takes his helmet off in the OT.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
I'm kind of surprised they bothered having anyone famous play the role of Boba. Never have his helmet off and have him voiced by Dee Bradley Baker (the guy who did clone wars clone voice overs). Also I don't think he ever takes his helmet off in the OT.

Boba has a total on screen time in the original trilogy of 2 minutes and 45 seconds.

20eyes

May 15, 2020
Just watched Jedi over the weekend. Does it bother anybody else that they've never edited out Boba squealing like a baby when he flies into the Sarlacc pit? Everything about his demise in Jedi is dumb but at least they could've done his character the courtesy of not seeming so weak at the end.

That is not the way.

Rogue52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 20, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
Just watched Jedi over the weekend. Does it bother anybody else that they've never edited out Boba squealing like a baby when he flies into the Sarlacc pit? Everything about his demise in Jedi is dumb but at least they could've done his character the courtesy of not seeming so weak at the end.

That is not the way.

I agree, but I'm also not sure Boba's popularity existed back in 1980-1983.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
Personally I never understood the popularity of Boba Fett. He had like 3 lines maybe and just stood around. I get that he looked cool but that's about it.
I think lack of a backstory was what made him cool along with his look. In your mind you could fill in all kinds of cool backstory for a badass bounty hunter from a race of warriors that battled the jedi. One of the things I hated most about the prequals was making Boba a clone of Jango and really the whole clone storyline.

20eyes

May 15, 2020
I agree, but I'm also not sure Boba's popularity existed back in 1980-1983.
In my experience as a 4th grader at the time he was very popular with us kids. Looked really cool and Slave 1 was an awesome ship. But even if that weren't true it was just weirdly out of character. Greedo had a better death...

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
In my experience as a 4th grader at the time he was very popular with us kids. Looked really cool and Slave 1 was an awesome ship. But even if that weren't true it was just weirdly out of character. Greedo had a better death...
Boba Fett's death fits George Lucas' writing style. There's a history of writing his hero's out of situations by way of convenience:

giphy.gif

i5_8hK.gif

source.gif

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Those two Indiana Jones deaths were iconic. I don't care what anybody says.

Gorm

With any luck we will be there by Tuesday.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 6, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
I would agree the Indiana Jones deaths were very fitting with the theme / action style / appropriate for the character.

20eyes

May 15, 2020
Those two Indiana Jones deaths were iconic. I don't care what anybody says.
They're both classics.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised that when given the chance (in the late '90's redux) Lucas didn't improve the scene by editing out Boba's squealing. I mean, he modified the Solo/Greedo scene to make Greedo shoot first which is ridiculous.

That's what is so great about these anthology films and series. They've gotten the tone so right and the aesthetic so seamless to the '77 original. Lucas did nothing but get farther away from it. We've ranked these a bunch of times but if Mando were a film it would rank 4th for me behind IV, V, and Rogue One.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Boba Fett's death fits George Lucas' writing style. There's a history of writing his hero's out of situations by way of convenience:

giphy.gif

i5_8hK.gif

source.gif

That first scene was actually not scripted that way. Harrison Ford had a terrible bout of the flu and couldn't do much of anything let alone an action fight scene that day of filming so they wrote in this humorous solution last second.

• Informative
Reactions: BuffettClone

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron