*** Official IOWA STATE Vs #3 Kansas Game(Day) Thread ***

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
It's not unique. I mean KU fans think commentators are out to get them.
Commentators have no say in the results of the game. Liking certain commentators over others is just a matter of preference.

Claiming that the refs are in collusion to prevent ISU from achieving their potential is not at all like preferring different announcers. I have never seen a fanbase so universally convinced that there is a coordinated effort to keep their team from achieving things than from the ISU fan base and I used to live in the home of the most insufferable fan base in the nation in Cleveland.

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
Commentators have no say in the results of the game. Liking certain commentators over others is just a matter of preference.

Claiming that the refs are in collusion to prevent ISU from achieving their potential is not at all like preferring different announcers. I have never seen a fanbase so universally convinced that there is a coordinated effort to keep their team from achieving things than from the ISU fan base and I used to live in the home of the most insufferable fan base in the nation in Cleveland.

I know you're a little dense, but my point is that every fanbase is irrational. If you really want to keep going about referees, then we can start pulling quotes from every Jayhawk loss. Your fans are quick to blame officials too.

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
You would be tolerable if you offered some insight. However, the best you ever manage is
UHHHGGGGG. KU GOOD. Everybody else jelly.
That seems to be a reading comprehension issue vs. an issue with what I post. I talk about all sorts of portions of the game as well as many different teams. Maybe you see "from a KU fan" and fail to give my posts their fair shake, who knows.

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
I do not discourage anyone from posting their thoughts here. I just find them amusing and unique.

dude, I’ve always believed there is no more insecure fanbase in college athletics than Iowa. Giving them a run for their money is bad look, for a nationally relevant program like Kansas basketball

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
dude, I’ve always believed there is no more insecure fanbase in college athletics than Iowa. Giving them a run for their money is bad look, for a nationally relevant program like Kansas basketball
Talking about college basketball makes me insecure? Weird, I just thought it meant that I really like the sport and enjoyed interacting with fan bases who also really like the sport and who are the only other fan base in our conference that consistently support their program and follow the sport. Huh.

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
Talking about college basketball makes me insecure? Weird, I just thought it meant that I really like the sport and enjoyed interacting with fan bases who also really like the sport. Huh.

I guess I should not be surprised you don’t understand.

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx

You are always invited to not subject yourself to such insufferable people by leaving. Seriously.

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx

I dont find them insufferable at all. Just amusing.
strange way to show it.

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
As someone that lives in KC and has a number of KU fans as friends, I can honestly say that most of them truly do not realize how arrogant they can sound when it comes to defending their team. These are people that I trust with my kid, house, car, etc. Great friends, but I know that certain topics will end with the same rhetoric. They really don't hear their own arrogance.

Most of them have never known anything but sustained success. They don't have the ability to be a fan of their football team because they don't have experience of supporting a struggling team. Hell, we've seen a small percentage of our fan base that have a similar entitlement because they weren't around to experience the really rough periods.

What's funny to me is that none of my KU friends have ever thought it was a good idea to come onto this board searching for affirmation or to have their ego stroked. They realize that going to an opposing fan base's website and picking a fight does not equate to "wanting to talk basketball". It's just juvenile.

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
As someone that lives in KC and has a number of KU fans as friends, I can honestly say that most of them truly do not realize how arrogant they can sound when it comes to defending their team. These are people that I trust with my kid, house, car, etc. Great friends, but I know that certain topics will end with the same rhetoric. They really don't hear their own arrogance.

Most of them have never known anything but sustained success. They don't have the ability to be a fan of their football team because they don't have experience of supporting a struggling team. Hell, we've seen a small percentage of our fan base that have a similar entitlement because they weren't around to experience the really rough periods.

What's funny to me is that none of my KU friends have ever thought it was a good idea to come onto this board searching for affirmation or to have their ego stroked. They realize that going to an opposing fan base's website and picking a fight does not equate to "wanting to talk basketball". It's just juvenile.
It's hilarious that you think I might come here for affirmation or an ego stroke considering that it would be impossible for me to get either of those things here. Have you not been reading the responses to my posts?

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
It's hilarious that you think I might come here for affirmation or an ego stroke considering that it would be impossible for me to get either of those things here. Have you not been reading the responses to my posts?

Out of curiosity, what is your reasoning then? I think you have a good amount of basketball knowledge and are a loyal fan of your team. I have zero problem with that.

But what do you hope to gain by saying how amusing it is that fans on an Iowa State fan board choose to vent our frustrations to other Iowa State fans? You're surely not thinking you're going to change peoples' minds by the way you condescendingly post. That really only leaves the option that you're trying to stir the pot.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
After a missed basket interference call resulted in an LSU win over Kentucky last season, former referee John Clougherty was interviewed and said the following, "I've always felt, with the players as talented as they are, as much as they play above the rim, how many basket interference plays that happen that don't get called? I'd think probably a lot."

No one here has any recollection of a missed basket interference by Iowa State's Hans Brase at Okie State in Jan 2018 with about 16 seconds left that resulted in Okie State not getting 2 points in a game that went to OT? Shocking...

So yeah, it happens.

Did an LSU player hang on the rim after fouling a Kentucky player?

And, do you think this is a traveling violation?

pqyh6eK.gif

• Winner
Reactions: cyclones500