*** Official IOWA STATE Vs #3 Kansas Game(Day) Thread ***

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
Out of curiosity, what is your reasoning then? I think you have a good amount of basketball knowledge and are a loyal fan of your team. I have zero problem with that.

But what do you hope to gain by saying how amusing it is that fans on an Iowa State fan board choose to vent our frustrations to other Iowa State fans? You're surely not thinking you're going to change peoples' minds by the way you condescendingly post. That really only leaves the option that you're trying to stir the pot.
It's no different than ISU fans choosing to discuss politics in The Cave with other people who have different opinions. Do they expect to change people's opinions? No.

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
Did an LSU player hang on the rim after fouling a Kentucky player?

And, do you think this is a traveling violation?

pqyh6eK.gif
1) No but they committed an equally obvious basket interference.

2) Yes.

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
Selective memory? That was buzzer beater.
No, just bad memory. I dont remember stuff. Was it tied before or was KU down?

And whether it was a travel or not apparently was based on when the ref felt that he was beginning to gather the ball. If they feel that he wasn't starting to gather the ball until he was talking that step with his left foot crossing the three point line then no it wasn't a travel because he only took two steps after that. But the refs dont make statements about how they saw things, which is a bummer.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
No, just bad memory. I dont remember stuff. Was it tied before or was KU down?

And whether it was a travel or not apparently was based on when the ref felt that he was beginning to gather the ball. If they feel that he wasn't starting to gather the ball until he was talking that step with his left foot crossing the three point line then no it wasn't a travel because he only took two steps after that. But the refs dont make statements about how they saw things, which is a bummer.
But you somehow have the memory to recall some egregious non-call against a player on a team (not yours) against a team (also not yours).
:rolleyes:

Reactions: madguy30

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
But you somehow have the memory to recall some egregious non-call against a player on a team (not yours) against a team (also not yours).
:rolleyes:
I do fine remembering actions and events. I never forget a face. If you showed me a picture of a baseball card, I could tell you if I have it and be alarmingly accurate. What I dont do well with remembering things such as dates and scores.

If you know anything about Emergenetics, I scored as low as possible on Structural but high on Analytical, Social and Conceptual. Dates and scores just dont stick in my brain. Thankfully I married a woman with very strong structural skills who makes a mean list and runs our well maintained family calendar.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I do fine remembering actions and events. I never forget a face. If you showed me a picture of a baseball card, I could tell you if I have it and be alarmingly accurate. What I dont do well with remembering things such as dates and scores.

If you know anything about Emergenetics, I scored as low as possible on Structural but high on Analytical, Social and Conceptual. Dates and scores just dont stick in my brain. Thankfully I married a woman with very strong structural skills who makes a mean list and runs our well maintained family calendar.

Maybe she should schedule you some mean time off the ISU boards.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops

Brush up your bangs sugar. That one went right over your head.

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
Brush up your bangs sugar. That one went right over your head.
Sugar... You're dating yourself. Nah, your jokes are as subtle as a jackhammer. I got it.

Unfortunately, your sarcasm was pretty accurate. I forget some easy things and remember some weird things. I remember stuff that I see a lot better than stuff I hear. Cant remember bands/song names unless I owned the CD and can recall the writing. It's odd but I am figuring out how to work with it.