• No

Votes: 132 51.8%
  • Sometimes

Votes: 71 27.8%

• Total voters

jcisuclones

Nov 23, 2011
Ames, IA
Had a flight where the woman behind me kicked her shoes off and put her foot on the back of my left armrest between my seat and the wall (I had a window seat). I turned around and said “really.... do you mind” and she replied “yeah, I do mind.” Luckily it was just a quick 25 minute flight, but that’s the worst I’ve had it, other than being stuck in my economy seat on the tarmac for 4 hours, pushed back from the gate and having a 4 hour flight ahead of me.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Man I never knew this was such a big deal for some people. I'm going to recline my seat so hard next time. Can't wait to give them the east coast charm I've picked up after my years of travels.

I look forward to hearing about you in the news. Do you think it'll be you or the person sitting behind you that gets hauled off the plane in cuffs?

• Agree
Reactions: ISUKyro

ISUKyro

Oct 28, 2006
Houston, TX
Had a flight where the woman behind me kicked her shoes off and put her foot on the back of my left armrest between my seat and the wall (I had a window seat). I turned around and said “really.... do you mind” and she replied “yeah, I do mind.” Luckily it was just a quick 25 minute flight, but that’s the worst I’ve had it, other than being stuck in my economy seat on the tarmac for 4 hours, pushed back from the gate and having a 4 hour flight ahead of me.

Just start sucking on some toes. Either you are getting a kinky hook up and I promise, that foot aint going up again.

FOREVERTRUE

Sep 18, 2017

Perfect timing to recline your seat rapidly. If her leg isn't solidly up against the wall you at very least make it painful for her at worst you break her leg.

Reactions: jcisuclones

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Really wish the airlines would really start enforcing the carry-on size and number of pieces you can bring on. When you see people with a carry-on that they can barely hoist it above their head to get in the overhead bin, along with having 2-3 other bags in there possession, is it because they are too cheap to check it or too insecure that it might get lost? They will then try to stuff the extra pieces in the overhead bin.

I have no problem taking my backpack and putting it in an overhead bin. Even though they say put small stuff under your seat.I have size 12 shoes and if I put my backpack in front of me under the seat it is very uncomfortable.

Stormin

Apr 11, 2006
I look forward to hearing about you in the news. Do you think it'll be you or the person sitting behind you that gets hauled off the plane in cuffs?

I recline slowly. No jerking back. Feel free for prosecuting me for reclining an airline seat slowly. An action that is advertised as a feature to my extra fee paid for seat. I pay for the privilege to select my seat. Do You?

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
I fly primarily Southwest, but find it interesting there is an option to pay extra for a reclining seat.

Stormin

Apr 11, 2006
I fly primarily Southwest, but find it interesting there is an option to pay extra for a reclining seat.

$30 per flight extra allows me to select my seat in advance. Main Cabin selection. Economy Class does not allow seat selection. Airline makes decision. More likely to get a Middle Seat. Or a seat in the last row that does not recline. You pay for what you get. I need an aisle seat and ability to recline my seat. I pay the fee to accommodate my needs. If I needed additional room like some taller people claim they need then I would pay the necessary fees to accommodate my needs without making demands from other passengers. And I let the middle row have both armrests. No problem. But it is necessary for me to recline. For my physical health. Is there no consideration for me? Or only the cheap tall guy that thinks about his needs?

• Agree
Reactions: ghettocowboy4cy

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Really wish the airlines would really start enforcing the carry-on size and number of pieces you can bring on. When you see people with a carry-on that they can barely hoist it above their head to get in the overhead bin, along with having 2-3 other bags in there possession, is it because they are too cheap to check it or too insecure that it might get lost? They will then try to stuff the extra pieces in the overhead bin.

I have no problem taking my backpack and putting it in an overhead bin. Even though they say put small stuff under your seat.I have size 12 shoes and if I put my backpack in front of me under the seat it is very uncomfortable.
We got married just after 9-11. We were concerned for a while that the airlines wouldn't be back up and running and our Hawai'ian honeymoon would be a washout. But they were back up and running but a security mess. We got placed in non-adjacent seats for the return trip so I asked at the counter if there was anything they could do. They took our boarding passes and told us to hold off on boarding. We finally got seats together but we were pretty much the last passengers on the plane. It was pretty aggravating that we saw couples who each brought a huge carry on, a purse or "laptop" bag, and one of those carryon boxes of 3 or 4 pineapples sit with nothing under the seat in front of them and we had nowhere to put our one carry on so we had to put it where our feet should go. If you have more than one carry on item the additional one should go under the seat so everyone has a chance to stow an item. I had to sit eating my knees for a ~10 hour flight.

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
$30 per flight extra allows me to select my seat in advance. Main Cabin selection. Economy Class does not allow seat selection. Airline makes decision. More likely to get a Middle Seat. Or a seat in the last row that does not recline. You pay for what you get. I need an aisle seat and ability to recline my seat. I pay the fee to accommodate my needs. If I needed additional room like some taller people claim they need then I would pay the necessary fees to accommodate my needs without making demands from other passengers. And I let the middle row have both armrests. No problem. But it is necessary for me to recline. For my physical health. Is there no consideration for me? Or only the cheap tall guy that thinks about his needs?

What airline is this?

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
I recline slowly. No jerking back. Feel free for prosecuting me for reclining an airline seat slowly. An action that is advertised as a feature to my extra fee paid for seat. I pay for the privilege to select my seat. Do You?

I wasn't calling you out. You can feel free to read my other posts in this thread to get my take. Short version - If you want to recline, ask the person behind you first just to be courteous. And if you do recline, do it slowly. And more generally speaking, try not to be an ******* on an airplane. It's a pretty miserable experience for everyone already. Acting like a selfish, entitled prick isn't going to help matters any.

Again, not calling out you specifically.

• Winner
Reactions: jsb

Stormin

Apr 11, 2006
I wasn't calling you out. You can feel free to read my other posts in this thread to get my take. Short version - If you want to recline, ask the person behind you first just to be courteous. And if you do recline, do it slowly. And more generally speaking, try not to be an ******* on an airplane. It's a pretty miserable experience for everyone already. Acting like a selfish, entitled prick isn't going to help matters any.

Again, not calling out you specifically.

I fly Delta. Have to recline. No choice. For my health. Selfish entitled pricks don’t understand that. They want me to suffer for their comfort. And it has been pointed out that the bottom portion moves forward as the top portion reclines. I pay extra to select my aisle seat with reclining feature.

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
We got married just after 9-11. We were concerned for a while that the airlines wouldn't be back up and running and our Hawai'ian honeymoon would be a washout. But they were back up and running but a security mess. We got placed in non-adjacent seats for the return trip so I asked at the counter if there was anything they could do. They took our boarding passes and told us to hold off on boarding. We finally got seats together but we were pretty much the last passengers on the plane. It was pretty aggravating that we saw couples who each brought a huge carry on, a purse or "laptop" bag, and one of those carryon boxes of 3 or 4 pineapples sit with nothing under the seat in front of them and we had nowhere to put our one carry on so we had to put it where our feet should go. If you have more than one carry on item the additional one should go under the seat so everyone has a chance to stow an item. I had to sit eating my knees for a ~10 hour flight.

I hear you on this. I brought back 12 bottles of various rum from Duty Free in Puerto Rico last year. I fit 6 in my back back and the other 6 under my feet. I planned ahead though and put as much stuff from my back pack into my checked luggage. After seeing a luggage handler miss the conveyor with a piece of luggage in Atlanta a few years ago and watch it drop 10' to the concrete, I will never put any type of glass item in my checked bag. Even though I had 6 bottles between my feet, they all made it home safely!! So that time is was worth being uncomfortable!

People that do fly a lot pretty much have it down on getting through TSA quickly ( I love having TSA PreCheck!!) Non typical travelers it takes forever. It's like seeing pictures of "People of Walmart." Wallet, cell phone etc go into my backpack, unzip my backpack to show my laptop, and through the scanner.

Reactions: VeloClone

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
I hear you on this. I brought back 12 bottles of various rum from Duty Free in Puerto Rico last year. I fit 6 in my back back and the other 6 under my feet. I planned ahead though and put as much stuff from my back pack into my checked luggage. After seeing a luggage handler miss the conveyor with a piece of luggage in Atlanta a few years ago and watch it drop 10' to the concrete, I will never put any type of glass item in my checked bag. Even though I had 6 bottles between my feet, they all made it home safely!! So that time is was worth being uncomfortable!

People that do fly a lot pretty much have it down on getting through TSA quickly ( I love having TSA PreCheck!!) Non typical travelers it takes forever. It's like seeing pictures of "People of Walmart." Wallet, cell phone etc go into my backpack, unzip my backpack to show my laptop, and through the scanner.
Is the hold fully pressurized? When I put a couple brand new bottles of tequila in my checked bag for the return from Mexico all my stuff smelled like tequila when I got home. At first I thought maybe a bottle broke, but they were intact. I thought maybe there was a pressure differential reason for it, but I don't know.

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Is the hold fully pressurized? When I put a couple brand new bottles of tequila in my checked bag for the return from Mexico all my stuff smelled like tequila when I got home. At first I thought maybe a bottle broke, but they were intact. I thought maybe there was a pressure differential reason for it, but I don't know.

Pretty sure they are. Just after seeing the guy miss the conveyor and the luggage dropping straight down to the concrete just made me very leery from then on out.

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
Idk. I've never been to jail but I've never had anyone try and put their hands on me. Pretty sure I'd lose it if someone did so probably both.

Stormin

Apr 11, 2006
Knee Defenders have been banned by airlines from what I have read. Never have seen them on a plane.