*** Official IOWA STATE Vs #3 Kansas Game(Day) Thread ***

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA
I don't need Prohm to go MAD FRAN, but c'mon man...he needs to fight for his players. Obvious basket interference call and a wrong over and back call. No grit and fight.... the players mirror their coach.

You DO know that even if the camera ISN'T on you, those people can still walk, talk and interact even if you CAN'T SEE them on the moving picture box?

• Funny
Reactions: CYDJ

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA
You are wrong, plain and simple. No bearing on the outcome of tonight's game? It could quite easily have been a 16 point loss if the basket interference and the over and back that wasn't were called correctly AFTER consultation time. I never said that we'd win the game, I just said the officials can't even call an even game when they know their team, I mean Kansas, is going to win no matter what.

So, you are wrong, you are apologizing for officiating that leans Kansas' way ALL THE TIME. It not only leans their way when we play them, but when they play everyone else in the conference AND it is infuriating. We likely could never win this game. Kansas is that good and we are not this year. But, is there a reason to continually give them the advantage? HUGE advantages over and over? NO. And you suggesting that we just allow the refs to call terribly against our team and for another team becuase we couldn't beat them anyway. That is just pitiful.

You are rearranging the Titanic deck chairs.

CYDJ

Jan 12, 2013
You are rearranging the Titanic deck chairs.

OK I take back all the times tonight I said we would have won if not only for the officals. Which was exactly 0 times, so get off your high horse on that.

We do not win this game even with the officials called FOR US. But, can you even try to admit that some of the calls this evening AND EVERY OTHER TIME KU steps onto a big 12 floor are questionable and lean KUs way? I don't know the reason for it. But, there is a bias.

If you don't complain about it when you get beat by 20, you aren't EVER going to get things to change when you get screwed by 4 points.

You should simply not HAVE to be 10 points better than a team in your own conference just becuause the officals are not color blind and can't read.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
In the last 40 years in Lawrence, ISU is 5-35. One would think after five seasons Steve Prohm could have closed that gap substantially.

Yes, losing to KU at AFH is almost expected.

But losing by 20+ is still towards the bad end of our results there (of 40 meetings since 1980, that's tied for the 10th worst margin). We havent seen that since Fred's first year (when the cupboard was empty after mcdermott) and the mcdermott era a couple times before that.

CYDJ

Jan 12, 2013
I guess I wouldn't be so mad if they could even get the ones that are completely obvious right. That hanging on the rim after an over the back blocking foul by an opposing player is about as obvious as it can get. they talked about it and still screwed it up. But, really they didn't screw it up, they just let their Kansas bias show through.

"Must not have been the Kansas player, they are soooo much better than the other team, yadda, yadda, yadda", playing on loop in their stupid ref brains.

I would not be a good official becuase I would ALWAYS have a bias against the top dogs. I'd make them earn it EVERY TIME OUT. But, then I would lose my job quickly too. ha!

Oh, and F KU!

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
I don't need Prohm to go MAD FRAN, but c'mon man...he needs to fight for his players. Obvious basket interference call and a wrong over and back call. No grit and fight.... the players mirror their coach.

I'll disagree with you on that, I thought this team showed quite a bit of grit tonight. Still a 20 point loss but we looked better than we did in Ames. This team has/had every reason to phone it in the rest of the season but they are playing with quite a bit of heart and actually look like they are trying to play together as a team.

cdface

Oct 28, 2014
Behind Enemy Lines (IC)
Screenshot-20200217-221553-ESPN.jpg

i see 5 misses and 3 makes. that's not terrible; better than our average 3pt%.

• Agree
Reactions: Snydes

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007
But losing by 20+ is still towards the bad end of our results there (of 40 meetings since 1980, that's tied for the 10th worst margin). We havent seen that since Fred's first year

And before Prohm......we haven't seen a win there since Wayne Morgan's second year. So what's your point......Prohm sucks because Fred kept it close?