*** Official IOWA STATE Vs #3 Kansas Game(Day) Thread ***

Go2Guy

Mar 18, 2006
Houston, TX
Even in this loss, this team is still showing progress. Another game where 3PT shooting is actually an asset..

Wha ?@? We hit 9-treys in the 1H and were down 10-11 ?#@? How is it possible to hit 9-Treys, shooting 82% Treys and be down double-digs ??

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
Wha ?@? We hit 9-treys in the 1H and were down 10-11 ?#@? How is it possible to hit 9-Treys, shooting 82% Treys and be down double-digs ??

It has alot to do with an absolute disinterest in stopping penetration.

I get Doke was always going to be a tough cover. But our guards just cleared a path for the dribble drive.

cdface

Oct 28, 2014
Behind Enemy Lines (IC)

equal parts disinterested guarding and then stuff like this:

source.gif

Go2Guy

Mar 18, 2006
Houston, TX

I get Doke was always going to be a tough cover. But our guards just cleared a path for the dribble drive.

Yup; KU runs nice curls off the side screen, but sheeze, we leave big gaps in the paint.

• Agree
Reactions: Snydes

CYDJ

Jan 12, 2013
We lost by 20. Give it up. Refs had no bearing on the outcome of tonight's game.

We lost by 20. Give it up. Refs had no bearing on the outcome of tonight's game.

You are wrong, plain and simple. No bearing on the outcome of tonight's game? It could quite easily have been a 16 point loss if the basket interference and the over and back that wasn't were called correctly AFTER consultation time. I never said that we'd win the game, I just said the officials can't even call an even game when they know their team, I mean Kansas, is going to win no matter what.

So, you are wrong, you are apologizing for officiating that leans Kansas' way ALL THE TIME. It not only leans their way when we play them, but when they play everyone else in the conference AND it is infuriating. We likely could never win this game. Kansas is that good and we are not this year. But, is there a reason to continually give them the advantage? HUGE advantages over and over? NO. And you suggesting that we just allow the refs to call terribly against our team and for another team becuase we couldn't beat them anyway. That is just pitiful.

• Winner
Reactions: el tornado

CYDJ

Jan 12, 2013

When we did stop penetrations they just shoved us into the first row and then scored Or we got a foul. Either way, we didn't stop them.

CYDJ

Jan 12, 2013
Because KU is literally better at positions 1-5, by a lot. Add an elite coach, best home court, you’re going to look bad on defense.
I will agree there. AND they really do a great job on payroll. Noone has ever missed a check at Kan$as, just not heard of.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
You are wrong, plain and simple. No bearing on the outcome of tonight's game? It could quite easily have been a 16 point loss if the basket interference and the over and back that wasn't were called correctly AFTER consultation time. I never said that we'd win the game, I just said the officials can't even call an even game when they know their team, I mean Kansas, is going to win no matter what.

So, you are wrong, you are apologizing for officiating that leans Kansas' way ALL THE TIME. It not only leans their way when we play them, but when they play everyone else in the conference AND it is infuriating. We likely could never win this game. Kansas is that good and we are not this year. But, is there a reason to continually give them the advantage? HUGE advantages over and over? NO. And you suggesting that we just allow the refs to call terribly against our team and for another team becuase we couldn't beat them anyway. That is just pitiful.

I quit reading and starting laughing at the bolded.

Ok fine. Point conceded. It could have only been a 16 point loss if they correctly called goaltending.