Status
Not open for further replies.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I think it was organic or some such....whatever was in the fridge. Ya'll might not believe this, but I am watching Urban Cowboy again. It is fascinating in some wierd, train-wreck kind of way. 1980. Bad corporate country music. bad fake accents. Debra Winger.

Was in menards tonight and saw a large pack of jack links on special and bought it. $10 for 20.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I almost forgot when mentioning fundraising... She brought up the idea of reselling Krispy Kreme doughnuts since "somebody on the team drives down to Iowa regularly."

Selling candy bars was also mentioned.

2 of the best fund raisers we have had are butter braids and little Caesers pizza packs. They both sell very well. Son is just wrapping up his butterbraids delivery and he sold around 70 without much trouble and gets $6/each.

RunninMan

Nov 18, 2013
But wait - there’s more (to the story that is.)
Do tell.

Go on.....
So far just in the looking stage. She has told me what she likes so I have an idea of what to look for and I don't go totally astray. Also, we both hate spending money so this won't exactly break the bank. At the end if the day it's not about what's on her finger, it's about why it's there. So far the plan is to make it official sometime in the spring/early summer so that we have a year to plan a wedding, as well as I'll be graduated and working full time by the time of the wedding. If I would have graduated last spring like I would have if I hadn't switched majors our timeline would move forward but we don't want to try to get married when I'm still in school. Sometimes it seems a little crazy talking about a wedding after dating for 6 months but when you know you know I guess.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Come up with this great plan tonight. Had a few doubts but figure it would work. Pickups were full so I took the kids s10 blazer to pick up a box from menards. I measured and thought this will work.

pull in the yard, tell the the worker we (youngest and I) are red-necking this thing. He looks at the sheet, takes a look front to back at the blazer and says this will be interesting. Son and I grab the box of siding and shove it from rear to front, it hangs 3-4 foot out the back and have to leave the rear window hatch open. Fighting traffic was ok, but by the time we hit clear lake the heater wasn’t keeping up and the 17 degree weather was creeping in. I had to shoulder into the box so I could actually turn the steering wheel. Got home and was froze.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Watching the Tonight show opener...Fallon did a big production number in Austin and on the UT campus. On the stage after the opening number, he invited three of the students that were part of the opening up on the stage, and asked them their names & majors & year in school & home towns. He then told them they had been selected to receive a Samsung package that had a phone, a tablet, & a TV. They were pretty excited. He then took the phone and had them pose for a selfie with him...and while they were posing he told them that Samsung had also decided to pay for the rest of their college tuition (they were all sophomores). Two girls & a boy - the boy picked up on it just a hair later than the girls, but his expression was priceless!

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Watching the Tonight show opener...Fallon did a big production number in Austin and on the UT campus. On the stage after the opening number, he invited three of the students that were part of the opening up on the stage, and asked them their names & majors & year in school & home towns. He then told them they had been selected to receive a Samsung package that had a phone, a tablet, & a TV. They were pretty excited. He then took the phone and had them pose for a selfie with him...and while they were posing he told them that Samsung had also decided to pay for the rest of their college tuition (they were all sophomores). Two girls & a boy - the boy picked up on it just a hair later than the girls, but his expression was priceless!
What am I missing?

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
So far just in the looking stage. She has told me what she likes so I have an idea of what to look for and I don't go totally astray. Also, we both hate spending money so this won't exactly break the bank. At the end if the day it's not about what's on her finger, it's about why it's there. So far the plan is to make it official sometime in the spring/early summer so that we have a year to plan a wedding, as well as I'll be graduated and working full time by the time of the wedding. If I would have graduated last spring like I would have if I hadn't switched majors our timeline would move forward but we don't want to try to get married when I'm still in school. Sometimes it seems a little crazy talking about a wedding after dating for 6 months but when you know you know I guess.
It sounds like both of you are approaching this very leveled headed. Future congratulations.

• Friendly
Reactions: RunninMan

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
Come up with this great plan tonight. Had a few doubts but figure it would work. Pickups were full so I took the kids s10 blazer to pick up a box from menards. I measured and thought this will work.

pull in the yard, tell the the worker we (youngest and I) are red-necking this thing. He looks at the sheet, takes a look front to back at the blazer and says this will be interesting. Son and I grab the box of siding and shove it from rear to front, it hangs 3-4 foot out the back and have to leave the rear window hatch open. Fighting traffic was ok, but by the time we hit clear lake the heater wasn’t keeping up and the 17 degree weather was creeping in. I had to shoulder into the box so I could actually turn the steering wheel. Got home and was froze.

I was waiting for the "hold my beer and watch this" part.

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
She really likes it. I took a car full of kids to the State game at the Bank. I hate losing to MG. It is as bad as losing to Maplebrook in traveling soccer. A lot of the same kids and they play the same way as well. The play rougher than the game needs to be and I was amazed at the amount of talking back at the officials there was.

She is deciding today if she is going to go out for Nordic skiing. She's never CC skied before, but that isn't uncommon. They say 95% of their team members over the years haven't either. If she does at least she will be in shape for soccer in the spring. ;)
I don't think anybody likes MG in any sport. So much talk and, in tennis at least, questionable in/out calls.

The daughter's boyfriend is one of the Nordic boy's team captains.

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
We were engaged after six months and got married one year to the day after our first date. I still like (and claim) him, so you're in good company.

oldman

Nov 5, 2009
Wifey-poo and I went ring shopping AFTER we got engaged. Split the cost. We figured, if this was going to work out like it should, there would be no "my money" and "her money." Of course she made a ****-ton more than me at the time. Just celebrated our 29th anniversary this past August.

Reactions: cyrevkah
Status
Not open for further replies.