giphy.gif

It's just missing flames...

• Funny
Reactions: Cyclones_R_GR8

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
Stated in article was Prohm saying the two transferring was ‘player-driven’. And that he’ll help them any way he can moving forward.
I prefer to respect all involved, those conversations and decisions, and simply move on, wishing all the best.
Looking forward to tomorrow’s opener and opportunity to observe the team’s growth throughout the season.

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA
It felt like the writing was on the wall that they were expecting at least 1 to transfer out with the outstanding scholarships offers. Much better to have clarity now than having to scramble in the spring. It also gives me a bit of hope that Lewis was not on his way out.

I really root for lewis... Seems like a great kid that you'd want on your team.

ISUChippewa

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Bowie ended up helping us throughout the year and came up extremely big in the Big 12 Tournament that year. He was not anything to rant and rave about, but he was definitely not a bust you are correct.

Yep. Absolutely right. I am beyond exhausted with this black or white (NO SHADES OF GREY DAMMIT! NO SHADES OF GREY!!!) mindset that if a transfer (or any player for that matter) doesn't average double digits in points that they are a "bust" or a waste of a scholarship.

There are only 200 minutes in a regulation game for a college basketball team to spread out among their players. There are many, many ways for a player to contribute without scoring 20 points a game.

rochclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2009
What we don't know is how crappy his teammates were, how many of those shots he had to take just to make something happen, and if playing with better teammates will help him take better shots. It's the same reason why other guys have seen their efficiency go way up while transferring to us. You have to hope that's the case with these guys.

His eFG was below 45% his soph and jr year at Colorado State. That team his soph year was one of the best in the MWC. I’m just saying 45% eFG is the equivalent of Nader as a junior. Now we have a 3 pt line moved back which is really going to stress his eFG even more.
Didn’t understand the 2 for 1 with him two years ago when we didn’t even offer Mooney. Maybe he can be a glue guy and be at least as efficient as someone like Korie Lucious. We just need another perimeter scoring option to be solid this year.

• Informative
Reactions: Texbudman

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
I dont care that they left. But Prohm continues to whiff on big men. I’ve pointed this out before and everyone had some reason why i was wrong

He’s hit on some (solo, Jacobson, maybe Conditt) but he’s been wrong... really wrong... on more than a few now.
Big men recruiting is tough, but I’d like to think we could do better than it being clear a couple months in that it’s time to move on.

I wonder if we’ll see the staff start to take more versatile small forwards (like Ejim) and even guards rather than take bigs that are long shots?

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Just getting home from work and seeing this, and I can't honestly believe there is anyone on here that thinks this is a bad thing. This is great news.

Like it or not, recruiting has become a cut throat world out there on both sides.... from the players and from the schools. Look how many times players are making commitments to schools, only to decommit (sometimes at the last minute, even after signing the lol) and enrolling at a different school.... which completely leaves the coach hanging out to dry.

Well, the coaches are now returning the favor somewhat in recruiting over some of these players if they think there's not much chance of them ever contributing meaningful minutes in their 4 years at the school. They don't necessarily kick them off the team, they just ask them to RS, or just plain tell them it would be in their best interest to play somewhere else if they ever want to see the floor. In a sense, you can look at that as doing the player a big favor.... why waste 4 years sitting on the bench at ISU if you can contribute elsewhere.

Leech was always going to be a HUGE reach IMO. It's a situation where you bring him in and hopefully he gets healthy and can get stronger, and you think he can become the 5 star player he once was. Luke was likely always going to be a role player at best here IMO, but I'd bet the staff found out he was kinda soft and would only ever be a potential 3 pt threat, but otherwise a liability on defense, etc. Or who knows... maybe he just didn't like the weather or just didn't fit in with the team, etc.

IMO.... this is only a positive thing. If CyTwins is correct and we land Foster, and possibly Dubar... it would be a HUGE upgrade. Why wouldn't any Cyclone fan be in favor of that?

• Agree
Reactions: Cloneon

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Excited to see what our guys can do! Do you know, is it only on CyclonesTV again this year?

CyTV is clockwork for me since 2013.

Can't get it working at the moment though...it's not taking my password or the reset password.

Reactions: srjclone

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron