Luke Anderson and Marcedus Leech have entered the transfer portal

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I'm excited for the season to start tomorrow....I think.

Hopefully the conversation is about basketball....these threads remind me of how the 'NBA' thread is basically just about players' drama and contract deals and rarely about the game.

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
I'm excited for the season to start tomorrow....I think.

Hopefully the conversation is about basketball....these threads remind me of how the 'NBA' thread is basically just about players' drama and contract deals and rarely about the game.
Excited to see what our guys can do! Do you know, is it only on CyclonesTV again this year?

• Informative
Reactions: NENick

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
Edozie wasn’t a miss. He was a situational role player and he helped us win some important games. He knew his role and did what was asked. Misses would be Halice Cooke, Anthony Booker, Buford, the USC kid etc. and yeah sometimes when playing time looks tough or when players leave late like last year we take some stretches and then suddenly the next class is more promising and those stretches disappear. To say Prohm Can’t recruit is crazy. He has brought mor NBA talent to Iowa State our of HS than any coach ever.
Booker was no more of a miss than Edozie. Cooke was on the Edozie path, but not worth the redshirt imo

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
Anderson was a guy that was going to be recruited over. That doesn't mean with work he couldn't of earn his time. Guessing seeing Griffin elevate his game may have been a big factor.

Leech was a year or so away and Prohm planned accordingly. Really hope he finds a good fit. In time he could be special.

CloneIce

Apr 11, 2006
From memory: ace 3pt shooter KJ Bluford left at semester, Jameel transferred in BUT had to “pay his own way” (I have no knowledge but am guessing many a scholarship was uncovered) for a semester because Bluford counted against the limit for the whole year.

Burton also transferred in at semester.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Anderson was a guy that was going to be recruited over. That doesn't mean with work he couldn't of earn his time. Guessing seeing Griffin elevate his game may have been a big factor.

Leech was a year or so away and Prohm planned accordingly. Really hope he finds a good fit. In time he could be special.
In this day and age of no one taking a redshirt, Leech seemed like a kid that would benefit greatly from taking a freshman redshirt season. Coming off of a tough injury like that it would have done him some good.

Cyder91

Jul 19, 2018
I haven't read through all the posts on this yet but the timing of this seems positive with XF coming to the game tomorrow night. Was there already a scholly available for him?

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee

This is true in basketball, school, work, and life generally --

You are earning your spot again every day. You are always being recruited over.

I haven't read through all the posts on this yet but the timing of this seems positive with XF coming to the game tomorrow night. Was there already a scholly available for him?

We just went from "full" (with no changes, including Haliburton returning again) to two open.

Last edited:

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
this opens up 2 scholarships that many were expecting us to over recruit for. We were at Zero open this morning. Have to think that is a positive sign for us.

• Agree
Reactions: Cyder91

IAStubborn

Aug 16, 2012
Booker was no more of a miss than Edozie. Cooke was on the Edozie path, but not worth the redshirt imo
Talent wise maybe but attitude wise if you know your role and own it you are an asset if you don’t you can be a cancer. I agree at times booker did both and all in all he was a positive and helped the team when we needed it.

• Agree
Reactions: isutrevman

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007
Wait this is actually a good post. What's going on here?
Yeah, well....don't be fooled. If two very good recruits come in, just wait until we lose a game at home. This will only bolster his "can recruit....but can't coach" narrative.

GetAwesome

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 29, 2010
Cedar Falls, IA
Speaking of Anderson and Leech, Wayne Morgan > Prohm > Fred.

giphy.gif

Carry on...

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
Talent wise maybe but attitude wise if you know your role and own it you are an asset if you don’t you can be a cancer. I agree at times booker did both and all in all he was a positive and helped the team when we needed it.
Booker contributed more than Edozie. If he’s a miss, Edozie was. Their attitudes weren’t that far off, either.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
I recall zero issues with Edozie's attitude. I agree on their contribution being comparable if not leaning in Booker's favor.
The detriment of Booker’s attitude “issues” in comparison to Edozie were over-blown by the previous poster imo. Naturally, as more of a contributor, Booker’s disappointment was noticeable.