Urbandale Hy-Vee booze sale

Tailg8er

Feb 25, 2011
Johnston
This deal is at all Hy Vee’s In the metro

The colorful graphic posted on this page was at all metro locations, the non-color one posted a few days ago was for Urbandale specifically & had a few extra deals the others don't have.

LOL

I go to this sale & buy liquor for the entire year, save probably $50+..

I also buy toilet paper in bulk even though I don't need 30 rolls each time I wipe my ass - is that ok?

Correction - I saved ~$200.

I didn't go until 8 am though, so maybe that means I'm not an alcoholic?

Reactions: JP4CY

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
The colorful graphic posted on this page was at all metro locations, the non-color one posted a few days ago was for Urbandale specifically & had a few extra deals the others don't have.

I held off until 9:30-10. So I plan on looking down on you.

Reactions: Tailg8er

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
Well, I made it out alive. I should have waited until tomorrow; it was crazy. That said, stocked up on some Knob creek so I'm happy.

SayMyName

Jan 28, 2017
ABQ
Hyvee in Ames price matched the ad for me.
Dang, wish I would've known that when I stopped by earlier. You talking the print ad, and not the Urbandale specials, correct? Had my eye on the Elijah Craig, but that Woodford deal is a good one.

WIB

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 2, 2010
Ames
Dang, wish I would've known that when I stopped by earlier. You talking the print ad, and not the Urbandale specials, correct? Had my eye on the Elijah Craig, but that Woodford deal is a good one.
I got both Elijah Craig and Woodford. Thing they were both 22 and 23 bucks. I just pulled up Urbandales facebook and they had the good ad posted on there.

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Sister in law and her husband live about 4 blocks from there. Between our two families we spent around $525. She got there around 7:30 and we split a case of Captain. Wife was at Hy-Vee in Ames on Friday and got 8 bottles of various Absolute Vodka flavors. Screw the bread and milk when a storm approaches!! We need to make sure we have enough mixers on hand.

• Funny
  • Dislike
Reactions: FBFAN and JP4CY

Cytown12

Mar 11, 2012
Des Moines,IA

Yeah I saw that but then went to the Windsor heights one and it had the same deals as the Urbandale one

NickTheGreat

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 17, 2012
Central Iowa
I didn't really need any liquor, but I ended up at two different HyVee's over the weekend, and managed to find something at both of them!

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
I had to go to Hy-Vee a little after 10. The parking lot was so full there were cars circling trying to find a space. They were even trying to park at the gas station but those spaces were full also. It took me about 5 minutes to work my way into the liquor store portion of the store but I got what I wanted and only had to wait about 10 minutes to get through the express lane check out.

DSMCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 1, 2013
West Des Moines
I had to go to Hy-Vee a little after 10. The parking lot was so full there were cars circling trying to find a space. They were even trying to park at the gas station but those spaces were full also. It took me about 5 minutes to work my way into the liquor store portion of the store but I got what I wanted and only had to wait about 10 minutes to get through the express lane check out.
I was there about the same time. I thought the checkouts were great. I think everyone of them was open and they were getting people through really quick.
It was funny seeing people leave with normal groceries. Like maybe you go to a different HyVee to get bread lol

BirdOfWar

May 3, 2010
Central Iowa
I talked with a neighbor yesterday that went and bought $1800 worth of booze for himself and a couple other people. He bought entire cases of several different things.

DSMCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 1, 2013
West Des Moines
What?? They had this in August this year!?

Well shoot, I was just coming to ask if they'd actually still have it this year..

Help Support Us

Become a patron