Random Thoughts the 13th: Jason Takes RTT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Do women find bow ties attractive? Outside of tuxes, just regular shirts or with a 2 piece suit.
My Dad wore a bow tie for years. He started doing it when he was working in the engineering department at Sikorsky. He said a regular tie got in the way and of course in days past men wore a white shirt and tie to work.
After he got out of engineering and into management he still wore the bow ties out of habit and more likely didn't see the need to buy new ties. Eventually he made the switch but that was most likely the 80's when he did. (I'm guessing Mom decided to just start buying him regular ties)

• Informative
Reactions: VeloClone

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
My Dad wore a bow tie for years. He started doing it when he was working in the engineering department at Sikorsky. He said a regular tie got in the way and of course in days past men wore a white shirt and tie to work.
After he got out of engineering and into management he still wore the bow ties out of habit and more likely didn't see the need to buy new ties. Eventually he made the switch but that was most likely the 80's when he did. (I'm guessing Mom decided to just start buying him regular ties)

Back in his day it was probably a little more common. It’s not a really common thing now in my opinion.
I always thought the purpose of a tie was to cover the buttons in a shirt.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
When you have a kid go through things you really notice certain stuff more than when it happened to you. It is pretty obvious but just looking at career choices for my son and his classmates really is glaring. Those kids in college and who seem to have a decent path are those who have parents who went to college and/or were somewhat successful. The kids who seem to flounder and bounce from job to job had parents who did the same thing. We have a neighbor who was kids in and out all the time, they may be passed out during good stretches so they may not even know, but what can these 19-20 year olds with full time jobs be doing at 8-9 in the morning just lingering around?

So no matter how much we don’t want to become our parents, we will become them to a point.

• Agree
Reactions: jcyclonee

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Once had a guy say he was a lesbian trapped in a mans body. So I guess anything is possible.

That line might have worked in a bar at closing time to pick up a gal. What say you ladies of RTT? It would probably work better at a lesbian bar.

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
I'm sorry. My prayers are with the child.

Do you know what type of leukemia?

Don't know the type yet, just that it's definitely cancer. Said her girl was doing really well last night though running around like she owned the place. So I suppose that's the good thing here - it was really an odd rash and then the bruise + anemia that worried mom enough to make an appt. There hasn't been excessive sickness, lethargy - really anything else that showed her daughter wasn't feeling good. I hope that means they got to it early.

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
So a little over a year ago I had the bright idea for the EAA chapter to construct an observation shelter at the airport. Months of negotiation with the chapter board and airport to come to an agreement on terms, one chapter member donating the lumber and the airport taking care of all the concrete. I am feeling good. Then this morning the architect says it will be about $1k for stamped drawings for the city. That was about our budget for the rest of the project soooo F ME

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
Back in his day it was probably a little more common. It’s not a really common thing now in my opinion.
I always thought the purpose of a tie was to cover the buttons in a shirt.
Quite a few of the HS kids around here where them. That is why I know my daughter and her friend's opinion of them.

I believe the original purpose of a tie was to prevent yourself from spilling soup all over your shirt.

• Informative
Reactions: BCClone

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
So a little over a year ago I had the bright idea for the EAA chapter to construct an observation shelter at the airport. Months of negotiation with the chapter board and airport to come to an agreement on terms, one chapter member donating the lumber and the airport taking care of all the concrete. I am feeling good. Then this morning the architect says it will be about $1k for stamped drawings for the city. That was about our budget for the rest of the project soooo F ME

$1000 to certify a drawing is pretty cheap considering any pro doing this is tying themselves to it from a liability perspective and essentially redlining someone else design (I assume he/she did not do a design for this). It's an open to the public structure so the city will need to have it reviewed, not like our own residential stuff. Not a yuge risk but it's there. My name is on some deck drawings in Edina from 40 years ago. I think about that sometimes even though the work was done under a small design forms name. I think the **** I worked for had me certify them (MN is a LA license state) thinking it somehow absolved him of liability even though it was his firm. He was a **** so I quit after two years. It was before all the treated lumber and have probably rotted away by now (fir structure and redwood decking).

Reactions: wxman1

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
I think you'll see that most women consider most guys wearing bow ties to be bro douches or hipster douches.

Hipster

18EWIUNCWSTBWTXXXIOW

Douche

thumb.aspx

Status
Not open for further replies.