STAFF PICKS: Iowa State vs. TCU

tim_redd

Mar 29, 2006
Ankeny
We have to break the season trend on the turnovers. If we win the turnover margin we win the game. Otherwise gonna be difficult.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
The TCU equipment truck just pulled in this morning. Someone may have snuck in and switched out all their slushy wet grass cleats with artificial turf cleats! Stick with the Cyclones. jimlad.png

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
I also think the TO trend has to flip in one of these games for ISU and I think it does in here and ISU wins the TO battle.
Given how few times we’ve won the turnover margin in the last 1.5 seasons, I’d bet against ISU being plus in TOs.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
Eh it kinda does matter who you play.
Not if their offense is atrocious as you suggested.

Their offense may not be one of the top offenses in the Big 12, but it’s likely effective and not the huge weakness you’re suggesting. Certainly effective enough that a win is unlikely if we continue to lose on ST (Reagor) and TOs, plus have an ineffective offense ourselves as we have outside of the ULM game.

We’re a good team that will have a chance to win nearly every game. But it’s hard to feel good about the odds of winning a lot of those close games when we consistently lose on STs and TOs, plus have inconsistent and ineffective offense that lacks a run game.

Last edited:
  • Disagree
Reactions: Halincandenza

kcbob79clone

It's hard to drown out the internal feeling that the wheels start coming off. Chalk it up to 30 years of ISU fan hood.

Chalk it up to 50+ years of ISU fan hood but I have a bad feeling about this game. Defense will keep it close but special teams will kill us eventually, can't keep punting to Reagor.

TCU 31 Good Guys 10

weR138

Feb 20, 2008
It's hard to drown out the internal feeling that the wheels start coming off. Chalk it up to 30 years of ISU fan hood.

I've got a bad feeling too for this game. But I don't think the wheels are coming off. We've still got WVU, KU, and TTU on the schedule to get us bowl eligible.

...oh, wait...

khardbored

Oct 20, 2012
Middle of the Midwest
Don't know what to think of TCU. They beat Purdue and Kansas (and a no-name team)... but they lost to SMU.

Purdue is 1-3 and lost to Nevada and Minny, so not sure that was that great of a victory. And Kansas is ... well, Kansas. I watched a bit of the TCU-Kansas game, neither team looked great.

So really, overall, I'd say we're pretty equal. Feels like this could very, very easily go either way and I have no idea who has the edge. Most likely, a turnover or one big play will win this game (which gives me heartburn, but so be it.)

• Agree
Reactions: whitehispanicfrog

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Good attempt at the reverse jinx, CF staff. Hopefully it pays off.
I'm not sure that reverse psychology works on luck, karma or fate.

I've seen people concerned about IS's offense being "one dimensional", Well, guess what TCU's offense is? ISU 28-14.

67CY

Apr 13, 2006
If they continue to allow the qb to look like a Heisman candidate when it’s 3rd and long, and fail to make the right decision when running rpo(not sure if that is rpo or just supposed to look like it, and the handoff or not handoff is a designed play), probably another loss

• Agree
  • Winner
Reactions: JBone84 and weR138

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
TCU has been able to physically overwhelm their opponents with the run game, but I think this is more out of necessity than strength. They're protecting their bad QBs. Get them in 3rd and 5+, and let Duggan try to make throws he's not capable of at this point in his career.

• Agree
Reactions: Halincandenza

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron