Gary Barta everybody

Trice

Apr 1, 2010
Why does JP not put stuff out when it’s in reverse? JP understands its a black eye for the state of its true or even reported and untrue. Barta is too dumb and small membered to know that. He just thinks its embarrassing for us.

What Barta did, through some combination of malice and sheer stupidity, is to draw a ton of attention to something for which the facts aren't known. He's elevated what might be an isolated issue into the appearance of an institutional failure and hindered the ability of Pollard and his staff to investigate this because now media relations adds another layer of complexity.

Going public in the way he did immediately politicizes the issue. Not in the electoral politics sense, but that it's going to split people into opposing camps who will believe whatever makes their side look good or the other side look bad. That generally isn't conducive to an unbiased arrival at the truth.

This isn't to say that this should never become public. But were Barta operating in good faith, he could have waited until the investigation was complete. Or he could have issued a joint statement with Pollard. Either option would have given Barta more credibility given his own sketchy history. But he wanted the "gotcha."

It can't be repeated enough: Barta was in such a rush to embarrass ISU that he couldn't even be bothered to spell his own job title correctly.

Last edited:

rubberhead

Sep 11, 2019
No I mean like real sports. Sports you play with other people and don’t lose all the time.

I was OK in my day. But nothing like you Cyclone keyboard warriors. You are all extremely intelligent, beautiful, wealthy, and ultra athletic. Im fat, ugly, drunk, and was told by one poster that I guess I went to Kirkwood. Which I'm not even sure why that was intended as an insult. You guys title messages toward Iowa fans, and then make crap out of us when we give our opinion. I might go over to the Trump post and push my conservative views next. This is too much fun

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
I was OK in my day. But nothing like you Cyclone keyboard warriors. You are all extremely intelligent, beautiful, wealthy, and ultra athletic. Im fat, ugly, drunk, and was told by one poster that I guess I went to Kirkwood. Which I'm not even sure why that was intended as an insult. You guys title messages toward Iowa fans, and then make crap out of us when we give our opinion. I might go over to the Trump post and push my conservative views next. This is too much fun

Oh, please do.

• Agree
Reactions: BCClone

isu81

Mar 6, 2013
What Barta did, through some combination of malice and sheer stupidity, is to draw a ton of attention to something for which the facts aren't known. He's elevated what might be a small, isolated issue into the appearance of an institutional failure and hindered the ability of Pollard and his staff to investigate this because now media relations adds another layer of complexity.

Going public in the way he did immediately politicizes the issue. Not in the electoral politics sense, but that it's going to split people into opposing camps who will believe whatever makes their side look good or the other side look bad. That generally isn't conducive to an unbiased arrival at the truth.

This isn't to say that this should never become public. But were Barta operating in good faith, he could have waited until the investigation was complete. Or he could have issued a joint statement with Pollard. Either option would have given Barta more credibility given his own sketchy history. But he wanted the "gotcha."

It can't be repeated enough: Barta was in such a rush to embarrass ISU that he couldn't even be bothered to spell his own job title correctly.
I’m assuming you know all of the facts here, right?

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
I'm from Iowa, most Iowa players didn't know that Iowa State was even a school before they got here, and ISU players with Iowa would have given them a scholly. Hence the one-sided rivalry.
Please, can we have a contest to guess where you are from in Iowa? You certainly have a southern-most tier of county vibe.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
That sentence reads weird.

Reactions: rubberhead

RotatingColumn

Oct 21, 2008
Whatever. He should be happy Iowa won. Otherwise we're looking at rapant spousal abuse in trailer parks across Iowa.