Gary Barta everybody

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
No one is saying it is acceptable. Just pointing out that it isn't unusual in this game and Barta seems to be throwing stones at glass houses.

And there are different ways to address the issue knowing that. Barta didn't have to run to the media with a detail-free press release.

• Agree
Reactions: 2speedy1

cyowan

Feb 7, 2013
Ames, IA
This is another example of Iowa being our little brother. Barta is like the younger sibling seeing the older sibling having more fun than him so he has to tattle or throw a fit to make it all about him. He can't handle that the superior program looked so good all weekend long. Even if Pollard sucked at his job - which he obviously doesn't - he'd still look good by comparison to Barta.

• Winner
Reactions: CyBobby

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
I'm from Iowa, most Iowa players didn't know that Iowa State was even a school before they got here, and ISU players with Iowa would have given them a scholly. Hence the one-sided rivalry.

If you're from iowa and you don't know that the largest school in the state and the one more iowans attend than any other in-state school exists, you might be dumb enough to fit in in Iowa City

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
So no different than every time the ISU marching band performs at Kinnick. Thanks for the new information sport.

Some fan makes a statement on it, don't believe it. We sit in the section next to the band and didn't see anyone get hauled out. It could have happened on the other side but be careful in what Iowa fans say. We are on the other side of the isle and wasn't watching but there never seemed to be anything out of sorts with the band during the game. If people are getting hauled out or some real unrest is going on more people would have know about it.

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
This is a rivalry game for ISU, and just another game for Iowa, lets get a real Power 5 team on the schedule
Yeah definitely just another game for Iowa lol
800.jpeg

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
Lol @rubberhead just took his ball and went home. Loser. I'm done with this "story" and thread and I encourage you all to leave too. It isn't worth giving more attention than it deserves. If the hacks come back, don't feed them. Let them pretend they matter on an ISU message board.

dahliaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 4, 2007
Minneapolis
I swear to ******* God the U of Iowa sports information department is one of the biggest messes I’ve ever come across. I’m in the same business and they way they throw information out to the public is honestly childish and laughable. What a ********.

Crookedhatkid

May 14, 2018
I have a serious question for Iowa fans on here (not rubberhead though). Why do Iowa fans want to end playing ISU every year? Who are they going to get to replace ISU on the schedule with a home and home. Maybe Notre Dame will throw Iowa a bone and play them in Chicago, but that is one year. What other power 5 teams are realistic traveling distance for Iowa fans? Missouri...burned that bridge, K-State? When Snyder was there that would have worked but now they don’t give you anything more than playing ISU except without the rivalry angle. Kansas? Enjoy that. Every other P5 team is a pretty far trip so your fans won’t travel en masse.

Last edited:
  • Winner

GrayerClone

Feb 11, 2010
Central Iowa
This is just the wrong way to handle it if something really did happen. A press release should never of happened. Call Jamie and work together to try and get to the bottom of it. The way the press release was worded, lacking detail, it just sets up as an open forum of hearsay and piling on. Can't the U of I just take the win and go home? Now they have to try and publicly shame us? Barta is the general who can see that he won the battle but is going to lose the war.

Forever True!

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
There is now an article on ESPN about it. Has no new information in it.

Well Barta achieved his goal, he gets to drag ISU thru the mud, while in the end whatever happened won't hardly be publicized (either way). I'm guessing Barta has done something stupid again and he needs this to do some deflection.

• Agree

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
Why would anybody believe that ISU is going to suddenly go win a Big 12 championship? I got 8:1 on under ISU 3.5 wins and I'm happy with my bet

Holy ****. You’re one of those ******* losers that cares more about Iowa State than anything else.