Gary Barta everybody

Seehusen

Feb 25, 2017
I was in the ISUCF"V"MB for the 2002 game at Kinnick. A female band member standing next to me had a hawk fan stomp on her foot on our way into the stadium pre game. It swelled up nasty but she was a trooper and did the whole game on her feet. Spent the next few days in a boot.

Some band members had to pay out of pocket for cleaning their uniforms that had beer dumped on them. Not a great move for ISU to not cover that. Full cans and cups flying into the group was common.

So if the hawk band is going to throw a fit about anything less than that? Sorry. Look in the mirror.

I would be ok if JP takes the high road and brushes his shoulders off and not even address it IF it's no more than that.

Reactions: Yorel Fusspucker

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
Someone in the reddit thread said they have a friend in the Iowa band and that multiple fans directed racial slurs at a black trumpet player. Yikes if that’s true.

Hard to believe that fans would be doing this, but with enough drinking anything can happen.

People also tend to exaggerate stories too. Barta should just keep his mouth shut before he has any proof of anything, instead of posting something and then looking like an idiot later. But, it is a good look for him.

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
Someone in the reddit thread said they have a friend in the Iowa band and that multiple fans directed racial slurs at a black trumpet player. Yikes if that’s true.

Hard to believe that fans would be doing this, but with enough drinking anything can happen.

People also tend to exaggerate stories too. Barta should just keep his mouth shut before he has any proof of anything, instead of posting something and then looking like an idiot later. But, it is a good look for him.

Trice

Apr 1, 2010
THIS IS BEAUTIFUL! Barta being Barta... spelled the Tippie's name wrong. He's the worst.

Holy crap, you're right. I thought something looked off when I read it and I couldn't put my finger on it, but that's it.

Jesus Gary, maybe when you're rushing out a press release to embarrass your in-state rival you should at least check to ensure you're spelling your own job title correctly. Especially when it includes the name of one of your university's biggest donors.

• Agree
Reactions: TXCyclones

dahliaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 4, 2007
Minneapolis
Someone should report this as obscene behavior for the fact he WORE HIS OWN JERSEY. :confused:

Talk about needing attention.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Holy crap, you're right. I thought something looked off when I read it and I couldn't put my finger on it, but that's it.

Jesus Gary, maybe when you're rushing out a press release to embarrass your in-state rival you should at least check to ensure you're spelling your own job title correctly. Especially when it includes the name of one of your university's biggest donors.

Why does JP not put stuff out when it’s in reverse? JP understands its a black eye for the state of its true or even reported and untrue. Barta is too dumb and small membered to know that. He just thinks its embarrassing for us.

CyVoodoo

Dec 7, 2009
What a bunch of edited PC police

Someone needs to retweet the gas station not to be mentioned tweet and change names to include Gary. If you get my drift.

• Useful
Reactions: criticalobserver

johnnydugouts

Jan 11, 2013
I have a serious question for Iowa fans on here (not rubberhead though). Why do Iowa fans want to end playing ISU every year? Who are they going to get to replace ISU on the schedule with a home and home. Maybe Notre Dame will throw Iowa a bone and play them in Chicago, but that is one year. What other power 5 teams are realistic traveling distance for Iowa fans? Missouri...burned that bridge, K-State? When Snyder was there that would have worked but now they don’t give you anything more than playing ISU except without the rivalry angle. Kansas? Enjoy that. Every other P5 team is a pretty far trip so your fans won’t travel en masse.

Oh I don’t know, maybe it’s because the ISU fan base is a bunch of delusional idiots being blindly led by egomaniacs that are detached from reality and they would rather try dealing with other people going forward.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
Someone should report this as obscene behavior for the fact he WORE HIS OWN JERSEY. :confused:

Talk about needing attention.

Gotta give our fans credit for not yelling or throwing anything at him. I think the Nuggets are giving Cook a shot to see if he can be a small ball backup 5 like Montrezl Harrell. Cool him and Monte could have a fun bet.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron