College Gameday in Ames?

huntt26

Apr 10, 2006
po' dUnk
I was kind of wondering the same. I'm likely watching the featured game if it doesn't conflict w/ ISU. But I am watching b/c it's the best game that day and therefore ESPN/CGD goes there, not watching b/c Kirk told me to and Lee put on some headgear after swearing on live tv.

If the CGD site features a game not on an ESPN family network, does Kirk get the night off? Or does he hop a plane and go call the night game (somewheres in B1G country)?

Also, we must get #CollegeAmesDay trending.

He flies to another game to broadcast the ABC primetime game.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
Is Randy's source at ESPN his TV, his computer or his radio?

I'm going with his smart watch.

acfa91c6-af56-4b4d-8c90-bfe6b5859b5e._CR0,50,500,500_PT0_SX300__.jpg

Reactions: jcyclonee

Cyclone.TV

Sep 3, 2016
UPDATE:: I checked back with my sources and its still a go. New development is they might not even be waiting on the Iowa vs. Rutgers game and will announce it at the end of the show this Saturday at about 10:59am

Yup, just heard it's for sure happening. Gameday in Ames next weekend.

• Friendly
Reactions: tzjung

WooBadger18

Sep 5, 2012
On Wisconsin
So they are watching a different game. So hosting Gameday doesn't appreciably increase viewership on the game that is hosting. That was my point.
I don't know that anyone has ever done a study on that. But I think it would increase viewership because it increases exposure. If you're a fan of one of those teams you'll be watching regardless. And you're a fan of a team playing opposite the gameday game, you'll be watching your game. But if your team isn't playing at that time, or you're losing in a blowout, I could see you switching over to the featured game. Because you've watched a two-hour commercial for that game and those teams. If nothing else, more people will be aware that it's going on.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
I don't know that anyone has ever done a study on that. But I think it would increase viewership because it increases exposure. If you're a fan of one of those teams you'll be watching regardless. And you're a fan of a team playing opposite the gameday game, you'll be watching your game. But if your team isn't playing at that time, or you're losing in a blowout, I could see you switching over to the featured game. Because you've watched a two-hour commercial for that game and those teams. If nothing else, more people will be aware that it's going on.
I respectfully disagree. The last few times I have watched GD, they have mentioned the host's game a few times but spent half an hour talking about the premiere big 10 game and about an hour talking about a big SEC game.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron