College Gameday in Ames?

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I think this it's a coin flip between us and Syracuse to get Gameday. I don't think any of it is set in stone yet, because it can't be. If Iowa would somehow lose to Rutgers, I doubt they'd come to Ames. If Syracuse loses to Maryland, if Clemson loses to TAMU, or both, then I think it'd come to Ames. If all teams win, I think they have a tough decision to make, but don't think that they have already made that decision.

Also, for the argument that Iowa fans would take over, I think that's a little exaggerated. Sure, there would be some Iowa fans there, but there's going to be so many Iowa State fans that you won't even notice them. If you've seen some of the Gamedays where they go somewhere for the first time, it's usually an unbelievable showing for the fan bases. When things like this happen at Iowa State, we show up and show out. There is going to be a sea of red and it'll be absolutely crazy. I wouldn't be surprised if it's one of the most populated Gamedays if they'd come to Ames.

• Agree
Reactions: dawgpound

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Think what you want. They want the stadium in the background. where would they set up that does not disrupt tailgating lots?
They don't have to have the stadium in the background because that's not always possible. I bet they'd go central campus with The Campanile in the background.

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
They don't have to have the stadium in the background because that's not always possible. I bet they'd go central campus with The Campanile in the background.
The funny thing is that JP himself has said on the air that the likely place they will have it is between Scheman and Hilton. If this guy really has rock solid sources like he claims, he should have known this.

Reactions: Statefan10

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Really, "Hawkeye on my Belly" is from Rippey. Bet he hitches a ride.

He needs to be front and center. Get him an interview with corso. That would be fantastic. Imagine the vision of SUI if he did that. People would think of it as a WV

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
TBD. I have heard the intramural fields to the east of the stadium as an option

You mean the now dirt fields that are torn up for construction? So if it rains (which is not out of the question leading up to game day) they are going to take a bunch of heavy vehicles in there?

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I don't know where they are going to be, but he's not wrong about gameday. They are absolutely coming to Ames.
We're not saying you're going to be wrong.. but could you name a source to confirm?

ZB4CY

Dec 17, 2012
even if that was an option.. with the rain in the forecast all next week, it would be impossible come Saturday.

Again, you could be right and I'm not saying you're wrong! We'll have to wait and see

Help Support Us

Become a patron