College Gameday in Ames?

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
The funny thing is that JP himself has said on the air that the likely place they will have it is between Scheman and Hilton. If this guy really has rock solid sources like he claims, he should have known this.

Yes, to me obvious place has always been the grass area south of sheaman. Looking south, gives you a good view of the stadium and tailgating.

Or they could be where the other guy said and in a mud hole with a chain link fence around them and 5 kids who climbed the fence to get in.

UNI1ISU2

Jun 7, 2019
We're not saying you're going to be wrong.. but could you name a source to confirm?
If he has the same sources as me they have asked to not be named because this stuff is confidential until announced. I know it sounds like a cop out and something someone would say that is lieing but it is the truth

WooBadger18

Sep 5, 2012
On Wisconsin
They don't have to have the stadium in the background because that's not always possible. I bet they'd go central campus with The Campanile in the background.
Yeah, they like a pretty background, but they don’t need the stadium in the background. And i’d say it isn’t even a priority. Plus, even if those lots were open, would it really be an impressive view of the stadium?

cyfan4

May 21, 2014
Ankeny, Iowa
I haven't been there since the renovation/expansion but is there any chance of doing it at Reiman Gardens with the SEZ as the backdrop?

I know it would prob tear it up some but that would look awesome!

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
The funny thing is that JP himself has said on the air that the likely place they will have it is between Scheman and Hilton. If this guy really has rock solid sources like he claims, he should have known this.

Since JP manages Scheman now, this makes perfect sense.

schlitzer

Jun 7, 2018
I haven't been there since the renovation/expansion but is there any chance of doing it at Reiman Gardens with the SEZ as the backdrop?

I know it would prob tear it up some but that would look awesome!

That is the best location IMO.

WooBadger18

Sep 5, 2012
On Wisconsin
I respectfully disagree. The last few times I have watched GD, they have mentioned the host's game a few times but spent half an hour talking about the premiere big 10 game and about an hour talking about a big SEC game.
I agree that’s what they do to some extant, but I would still call it a two hour commercial because even when they aren’t talking about the hosts game you still have the mass of fans showing how awesome the location is.

jdcyclone19

Apr 14, 2017
Iowa
Think what you want. They want the stadium in the background. where would they set up that does not disrupt tailgating lots?
South of Scheman by Stephens. Pollard has said this is where they will host it if they come.

Last edited:

UNI1ISU2

Jun 7, 2019
South of Scheman by Fischer. Pollard has said this is where they will host it if they come.
If Pollard had the only say in it then yes. ESPN is going to set up where they feel is the best spot. Yes Pollard can recommend a spot but he wont make the decision

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
If he has the same sources as me they have asked to not be named because this stuff is confidential until announced. I know it sounds like a cop out and something someone would say that is lieing but it is the truth
That's fair! Understandable

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Yeah, they like a pretty background, but they don’t need the stadium in the background. And i’d say it isn’t even a priority. Plus, even if those lots were open, would it really be an impressive view of the stadium?
I think the view of the Sukup Endzone side of the stadium would be pretty awesome, but I'm not sure if they'd be able to have it there.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron