Would You Welcome Missouri and Nebraska Back to the Big 12?

Would You Vote Mizzou or Nebby Back In?

• Total voters

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
This is like remarrying your exwife after she divorces you, calls you a bad parent and loser while married to a used car salesman.

cymonw1980

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 23, 2015
Raleigh, NC

Pete Mundo's podcast got me thinking

No Strings attached, I say yes. Because, regional games that fans can travel to would be amazing!

It would be fun to have games closer to Ames and getting neb, mizz back on the schedule would be fun.

Honestly, my hope is we move to a "Power 5 Coalition" similar to what The Athletic laid out as one possible realignment scenario...

https://theathletic.com/1090554/201...the-future-of-college-conference-realignment/

- Everyone could make more TV money than they do today (potentially 50%+ more money)
- Balanced schedules - everyone plays 11 Coalition games a year, no 8 vs. 9 conf games
- Football only; BB, Olympic Sports would remain unchanged...
- By creating logical, geographic groupings teams near each other would play regularly
(NOTE: this also equals more money... which sells more tickets minn vs. Iowa State, minn vs. rutgers?)

Would be fun... could have a lot of great regional match ups that would ultimately result in a 16 team playoff decided by on field results, coalition standings.

That is the most likely way we end up playing games against our old conf rivals on a regular basis (imo)...

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
I would, but only so ISU isn’t a geographic island in the conference.

We really aren't that much of an island. Ames is closer to Lawrence than Columbia, and Lincoln is maybe a half hour closer than Lawrence.

It definitely adds more regional rivalries, but we aren't exactly West Virginia here.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I'd probably take them back but want to keep it at 10 teams so swap out WV and Baylor. The Mizzou/KU rivalry was more intense than people realize and regional stuff if more enjoyable anyway.

I know that they both bolted for higher money but any scenario that gives the chance for Baylor to be kicked out is fine by me.

Sirkruser

May 19, 2019
Indianola
I would probably bring want both teams to come back. I would bring back Nebraska because it's always fun to give a beating to Nebraska. I would also bring back Missouri, to revive an old rivalry with Missouri for the telephone trophy. We need to win that dang thing back.

knowlesjam

Oct 21, 2012
Papillion, NE
Well well well

That's pretty *ucked up. Give up a conference home game against a geographically close opponent...for what? Kansas City is 2 hours from Columbia...anyone that is a Misery fan is already driving to Columbia for the game. Now make your fans drive 2 hours West for a "home" game? That would be like us moving a home game against KSU to Arrowhead.

Maybe they are after that elusive Kansas fan that is secretly a Missouri fan. o_O

SECyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 29, 2011
Pella
That's pretty *ucked up. Give up a conference home game against a geographically close opponent...for what? Kansas City is 2 hours from Columbia...anyone that is a Misery fan is already driving to Columbia for the game. Now make your fans drive 2 hours West for a "home" game? That would be like us moving a home game against KSU to Arrowhead.

Maybe they are after that elusive Kansas fan that is secretly a Missouri fan. o_O

They should give Arkansas the game at home due to lack of attendance for Missouri

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis

Maybe they're just hoping some KU fans show up because they miss hating Missouri so much.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
Well well well

Wait, do they seriously think they will draw a better number at Arrowhead opposed to a fu***** home game? I love it! **** Mizzou and their selfish move. Everyone knew they wouldn't have an identity in the SEC an well, here we are...

• Agree
Reactions: VeloClone

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
Sure, bring back Mizzou. I always enjoy watching the last flicker of optimism drain out of their lifeless eyes as Kansas ends their dreams that "this is the year".

keepngoal

OKA: keepingoal
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
Mizzou, YES.
kNU, NO.
10 teams, FO, BU.

Latest posts

Help Support Us