Oliver Martin Enters Transfer Portal

GetAwesome

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 29, 2010
Cedar Falls, IA
I'm here to offer a kudos on a job well done. It took 5 months for a thread about our two favorite offensive weapons leaving early to go pro to reach 50 pages.

It has taken less than 2 weeks to reach 50 pages for a thread about a wide receiver transfer I've never heard of, until this past weekend, who also almost immediately committed to not-Iowa State.

tenor.gif

CyAtlanta

Jan 23, 2017
Of course, it's Florida St. I would like to see a stat for the success rate of immediate eligibility for the "blue blood" schools vs "others". The NCAA has no shame.

• Agree
Reactions: demoncore1031

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Of course, it's Florida St. I would like to see a stat for the success rate of immediate eligibility for the "blue blood" schools vs "others". The NCAA has no shame.

Iowa's not a blue blood obviously but I don't think the NCAA will decline it. They've never done Iowa wrong before so I don't see it happening now

• Agree
Reactions: keepngoal

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Iowa's not a blue blood obviously but I don't think the NCAA will decline it. They've never done Iowa wrong before so I don't see it happening now

I heard one of the hok talkers in the radio today they certainly weren’t blown away with Martin at this point. Think the quote was “he’s a nice player but he isn’t going to run past anyone” and “he would fit in running those short underneath routes that the hoks are going to use this year”

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I heard one of the hok talkers in the radio today they certainly weren’t blown away with Martin at this point. Think the quote was “he’s a nice player but he isn’t going to run past anyone” and “he would fit in running those short underneath routes that the hoks are going to use this year”

I've heard similar. That Nico kid will be their best by quite a ways which isn't saying much. The cupboard is pretty bare since they just lost their top 3 pass catchers

keepngoal

OKA: keepingoal
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
possession receiver. this coming from a friend and fan of the kid.

If they can make it work.. it will be good. If not, the kid and team loses out. With the media talk of Patriots influence. You'll see it here.

• Informative
Reactions: CyTwins

BLHawk

Jun 25, 2019

The most used words or phrases I heard being used in regards to Martin after Saturday's open practice were "smooth" and "fluid". I dont think anybody has ever referred to him as a burner, even in HS.

Sounds like he has been practicing at all 3 WR spots so could play outside or in the slot. After a week of practices, he is probably the 4 or 5 WR right now behind Ragaini, ISM and Smith.

• Informative
Reactions: isutrevman

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
possession receiver. this coming from a friend and fan of the kid.

If they can make it work.. it will be good. If not, the kid and team loses out. With the media talk of Patriots influence. You'll see it here.

I'm guessing his ceiling is being an Easley-like guy. There's a reason nobody wanted him besides UNI and Iowa when he hit the portal

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron