Elam ending...NCAA

Isualum13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2018
I like the idea. Probably not enough to get interested in the sport of basketball beyond march though.

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
I would be in favor of at least trying it in the NIT or early season tournaments.

• Agree
Reactions: psychlone99

UNI1ISU2

Jun 7, 2019
I've haven't watched the TBT tournament, but the idea is intriguing. My main question is whether it really prevents fouling for free throws?
Ive watched tbt last 3 years. It really does. They add 7 points to the team ahead's score at the first under 4 time out. first team to that score wins. If they foul that gives them points at the ft line and closer to the final goal score. You dont want to foul

GottaTri

Jul 26, 2012
I love the ELAM ending, keeps the game flowing.

Now, if they can also get rid of live ball time outs, that would be great too.

• Disagree
Reactions: riceville98

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
This ending is great for little tournaments and so on. However, how many games would it have screwed up where we never got the good ending? This years NCAA tournament with Virginia. The Duke vs Kentucky game with Laetner would just be another footnote and not legendary. The Brice Drew Shot for Valpo. It's great for TBT type stuff. Not the NCAA tourney.

UNI1ISU2

Jun 7, 2019
This ending is great for little tournaments and so on. However, how many games would it have screwed up where we never got the good ending? This years NCAA tournament with Virginia. The Duke vs Kentucky game with Laetner would just be another footnote and not legendary. The Brice Drew Shot for Valpo. It's great for TBT type stuff. Not the NCAA tourney.
You KnowNothing

Isualum13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2018

I think UNI still would have lost to aTm

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016

Is it possible we've been robbed of several good endings because of intentionally fouling to slow the game down?

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
The only intentional fouling with a Elam ending is "hack a Shaq" stuff against poor free throw shooters -- which is the only intentional fouling in a normal game.

Teams would probably just start intentionally fouling bad free throw shooters before the 4 minute mark to get the game closer.

...which happens normally, too.

• Agree
Reactions: intrepid27

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
Teams would probably just start intentionally fouling bad free throw shooters before the 4 minute mark to get the game closer.
This was what I was thinking. How are teams going to try and manipulate the system around the last dead ball?