****Official Class of 2020 Recruiting Thread****

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
No I meant if Foster would choose to go somewhere else, I have no idea what Fran is going to do in regards to recruiting. He's throwing all his eggs into one basket here.

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
I bet he signs in the fall

I'd be a bit shocked if he did. Only because it feels like he's waiting on a Duke offer. With that said, his list of top 5 schools doesn't really make me think that will ever come. I'm guessing he probably knows that at this point. So, hell, maybe he does sign in November.

• Agree
Reactions: Halincandenza

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
Even if he get's a Duke or UNC offer. He is not ready for that level for a few years. My guess if he ended up at Duke he would be recruited over. He has all the tools but he is not ready for a one and done type deal. So he would sit the bench for a while at a school like that. Iowa, Iowa State, Baylor, and Va Tech would all have him in the lineup fairly quickly. Just my take.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Wouldn't you have to assume he just steps into Jacobson's role? I mean they have to be very similar players.
He likes to play outside, but he's 7 feet tall. He's got some guard abilities as well.

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
He would be an awesome get and to have someone at that caliber from inside the state come play here it would be a fantastic. He'd bring even more length and athleticism, as well as a nice looking shot from the three. If we don't get him though, I don't think it hurts us by any means, and we'll move on to the next guy that Prohm likes and thinks will fit nice with the program. That's the nice thing about having a guy like Prohm. He's going to go out and find someone else, maybe of a similar caliber. If Fran doesn't get him, I have no idea what he's going to do.

ISU is in the top 5-7 of a number of top 100 prospects with only 2 schollys (though I do think Prohm is looking to add 3 expecting attrition) thus if Xavier were to choose to go elsewhere I still feel confident ISU will have a top level talent class in 2020 with the current targets.

Looking at the early preps where ISU is in the final cut are wings and guards other than XF, which has me thinking that the staff seems to be confident in their chances for XF. For a while now the main targets have been Foster and Jacobson at PF, that doesn't mean a late riser couldn't be identified and added in the post, just the staff doesn't appear focused there today.

UNI1ISU2

Jun 7, 2019
Not sure if many of you know but his G/F goes to ISU and he is on campus almost every weekend that he does not have basketball stuff going on during school year. He has been seen playing pick up ball with isu players while in town also. ISU is looking good at this point

• Informative
Reactions: NWICY and chadly82

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
Not sure if many of you know but his G/F goes to ISU and he is on campus almost every weekend that he does not have basketball stuff going on during school year. He has been seen playing pick up ball with isu players while in town also. ISU is looking good at this point

Unsubstantiated rumor! -Tom Kakert, dip **** Iowa writer

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
He sure seems like a 4 to me, maybe a bit more dynamic than Jacobson. A Foster/Conditt front court would be amazing with the guards we usually have.

I don’t know if those two could guard effectively together. They are very similar defensively. Would have to be a trade off somewhere or hope that Foster is good enough offensively to force a favorable match up.

• Disagree
  • Agree
Reactions: ISUguy and CyPunch

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
I don’t know if those two could guard effectively together. They are very similar defensively. Would have to be a trade off somewhere or hope that Foster is good enough offensively to force a favorable match up.

I thought I read somewhere that XF can extend his defense to the line.

If one of them can can handle that, leaving the other as a rim protector, then you have a pretty good defense... sort of the system that ugh Baylor has run for so long.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
In 2011 Iowa went 11-20. We went 16-16 which isn't better but c'mon. In 2013 Iowa didn't even make the tournament while we went on and almost upset Ohio State in the second round. In 2014, Iowa lost in a play-in game while we won the Big 12 tournament, were a 3 seed and made the Sweet 16. In 2015 we beat them by 17 @ their place by 15, won the Big 12 tournament and got a 3 seed again. We all know how the NCAA tournament went but still.

My point is that although analytics are fun to look at and do hold some validity, they shouldn't be used at face value. I'm not sure if you were or not, but I thought I'd throw my two cents in.

Neither team was really any good in 2011 -- not even worth debating. Fun maybe... I know I enjoyed that year and seeing DG play well... but not good.

And I hear the rest of your point. I thought that was why I put "some might find those rankings on here preposterous." I did not elucidate my own feelings, but I generally agree that we were ahead of them as a program from 2013 through 2016 when both programs were actually pretty good (or even very good) and rolling through good eras for each. It was actually a pretty special time for basketball in the state for the two high-major programs.

Both teams sucked in 2017, and 2018 has evidence either way even if I think the preponderance of it is on our side. I think 2019 will be interesting to see.

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
Oh really? You might want to look at this https://www.instagram.com/maceebuss/?hl=en

I didn't convey my sarcasm well. Tom Kakart, writes for the Iowa Rivals site, last week said that Foster's GF in Ames is just essentially a rumor, hasn't been proven. He's a reason why that fan base is living in denial about where they stand in his recruitment.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
I didn't convey my sarcasm well. Tom Kakart, writes for the Iowa Rivals site, last week said that Foster's GF in Ames is just essentially a rumor, hasn't been proven. He's a reason why that fan base is living in denial about where they stand in his recruitment.

What a complete idiot.

• Agree
Reactions: Stereotype

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Neither team was really any good in 2011 -- not even worth debating. Fun maybe... I know I enjoyed that year and seeing DG play well... but not good.

And I hear the rest of your point. I thought that was why I put "some might find those rankings on here preposterous." I did not elucidate my own feelings, but I generally agree that we were ahead of them as a program from 2013 through 2016 when both programs were actually pretty good (or even very good) and rolling through good eras for each. It was actually a pretty special time for basketball in the state for the two high-major programs.

Both teams sucked in 2017, and 2018 has evidence either way even if I think the preponderance of it is on our side. I think 2019 will be interesting to see.
Firmly agree.

• Friendly
Reactions: Sigmapolis