On That Note: The Animals (part 1): For the Birds

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
If we are down to just lyrics now I have to post this one.

Chestnut brown canary
Ruby throated sparrow
Sing the song, don't be long
Thrill me to the marrow

By the way, there is no such thing as a ruby throated sparrow but it flows nicely.

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
Surprised this one hasn't come up yet (that I saw): Anne Murray's very first hit, "Snowbird," from 1970. It was a top 10 pop and country hit.

I took that off the board last night. Didn't want anyone else to suffer for doing it and you went and threw yourself on the grenade anyway making my previous selfless sacrifice in vain. :oops:
I think only @ImJustKCClone likes Anne Murray.

Buster28

Dec 3, 2011
Ames
I think only @ImJustKCClone likes Anne Murray.
She was actually one of my favorites in the late 70s and through the 80s. One of my favorite things about her was that she had agreed to perform the song "Blame Canada" on an Oscars broadcast (as it was nominated for best song from a motion picture) after being talked into it by one of her kids. She was initially hesitant because of the line "all that hockey hullabaloo/and that ***** Anne Murray too." But, she discovered after thinking she could do it that there was a scheduling conflict and they ended up with Robin Williams instead.

• Informative
Reactions: jcyclonee

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
She was actually one of my favorites in the late 70s and through the 80s. One of my favorite things about her was that she had agreed to perform the song "Blame Canada" on an Oscars broadcast (as it was nominated for best song from a motion picture) after being talked into it by one of her kids. She was initially hesitant because of the line "all that hockey hullabaloo/and that ***** Anne Murray too." But, she discovered after thinking she could do it that there was a scheduling conflict and they ended up with Robin Williams instead.
I could probably sing most of her popular music by memory and I probably liked her music in the 70's. It's what my parents forced us to listen to in the car on road trips. The other choices were Roger Whittaker, Bobby Goldsboro and (if we were lucky) Glen Campbell.