Random Thoughts the 13th: Jason Takes RTT

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
Drove to DM yesterday, oldest daughter Jodie turned 40. (!!!!!) She is the one married to Morning Moose from Laser 103. So we went to a place called "The Chicken", south side of town. It was pretty good.

Can anybody do something about this lack of sunshine? I'm starting to get a complex.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I’m beat. Seemed everyone must have rented a couple buses and showed up with them. Got buried for a bit. Roughly 250 people showed. Still some ribs left if anyone is hungry. Went through all the pulled pork and 85% of the ribs.

Wife always likes to think about who didn’t show or respond, I always say don’t worry about who didn’t come, appreciate those who did.

Got a few who showed that weren’t on the guest list and found cards that must have been dropped off by others. Interesting when you see who considers themselves close that you don’t.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
3rd shifters get pretty used to morning beers, when I did factory work it was pretty common to stop after work. Only difference was drinking in the am instead of the pm.
I worked nights for many years and yes we would go to the bar after work. These guys seem more like retirees and just people that get up and go to bar in the morning.

Years ago I got off work and needed to go someplace that opened at 9am so I stopped by a bar that opened in the morning to get a coke. There was a guy in there with a shot and a beer in front of him complaining to the bartender that he just had to get out of the house because his wife was telling him he spends too much time at the bar. Well, it's 8am on a Saturday morning and you have a shot and a beer in front of you, maybe she has a point.

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
Busy busy weekend.

Had a great EAA event on Saturday morning despite the rain and introduced around 10 adults to EAA and general aviation. Then went to the Chicago concert Saturday night with my parents. Damn they still put on a great show.

Yesterday was a lazy but productive day around the house. I would really like this rain to go the hell away so we can do stuff outside.

Reactions: NWICY

oldman

Nov 5, 2009
Surely to jinx this but we put the monster to bed about 7:30 and HE'S STILL ASLEEP WAAAAAAAAAAAAAHTTTT. Probably just exhausted from a month of sicknesses and finally not in too much ear pain. I've checked to make sure he's breathing.

So we are having friends over tomorrow and I told DH tomorrow the little stinker will wake up every 22 minutes. DH says hey we'll just tell our friends to take turns putting him back down. I think this is great. Don't bring a snack, take a turn putting our kid back to bed!

Also yesterday I was telling DH how he could take this new role and hopefully it'll lead to more $$ and I can be a trophy wife.

He goes "you're already a trophy wife"

Me "aww so sweet"
Him " participation trophy"

Me;" you're an ass"
When my girls were little, I used to do little side jobs in trade for baby sits.

Reactions: cowgirl836

oldman

Nov 5, 2009
Drove to DM yesterday, oldest daughter Jodie turned 40. (!!!!!) She is the one married to Morning Moose from Laser 103. So we went to a place called "The Chicken", south side of town. It was pretty good.

Can anybody do something about this lack of sunshine? I'm starting to get a complex.
I've heard that place advertised on C-Dub's and Ross's show on KXnO.

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
Hope you're watching the Bucks - they are fabulous. Fear the Deer!
I'm conflicted in this series. I like the Bucks but we played against the Toronto coach in high school. We didn't like him as a rival but I met him at UNI (lived on the same dorm floor as a couple of friends) and he seemed like a really nice guy.

cyrevkah

Apr 12, 2008
Ames, IA
I’m beat. Seemed everyone must have rented a couple buses and showed up with them. Got buried for a bit. Roughly 250 people showed. Still some ribs left if anyone is hungry. Went through all the pulled pork and 85% of the ribs.

Wife always likes to think about who didn’t show or respond, I always say don’t worry about who didn’t come, appreciate those who did.

Got a few who showed that weren’t on the guest list and found cards that must have been dropped off by others. Interesting when you see who considers themselves close that you don’t.

I have a wedding gift from a highschool friend. He was invited, if he came I don't remember seeing his face at all, but the gift was there. I always see at and am especially fond that he cared enough to get me something and come.

It is one of those bear figurines, but it is a wedding setting with the pastor, bride and groom. It was really sweet.

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis

Glad that you survived but it doesn't sound like you have any food that'll stay good until our party in about a month. We spent the whole weekend shampooing our carpets. That was fun.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Okay, I have to ask: how might one unsuccessfully graduate?
Yeah - I was tired and really worded that poorly! What I meant was, we were successful in getting granddaughter #2 shepherded through her weekend of a) grad party, b) celebration of seniors at her church (where she was a song leader), and c) the actual graduation ceremony. This, despite the fact that she had a great-grandmother and FOUR sets of grandparents there (and we were all very civil to one another!), along with a bunch of aunts, uncles and smaller cousins...and other than sleeping in different hotels, we were ALL together the whole time. :D

• Winner
Reactions: NWICY and cyrevkah

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Glad that you survived but it doesn't sound like you have any food that'll stay good until our party in about a month. We spent the whole weekend shampooing our carpets. That was fun.

Got 2 1/2 soft serve ice cream in the freezer. Have 3-4 cases of water. Couple dozen regular cupcakes. Some bags of chips.

Although, there were a few wives complaining about our food. Stuffing their spouses with ribs, beans and ice cream was a combo that had them concerned for later at home.

Reactions: NWICY

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
I'm conflicted in this series. I like the Bucks but we played against the Toronto coach in high school. We didn't like him as a rival but I met him at UNI (lived on the same dorm floor as a couple of friends) and he seemed like a really nice guy.

Been a die-hard Bucks fan my whole life (back to the Lew Alcindor days!), but of course I really like Nick Nurse. Also have a whole new respect for Kawhi Leonard, he just goes about his business without being flashy or trash talking. Seems like a good guy and a great player. Funny, I don't remember him in college at San Diego State.

Reactions: jcyclonee

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Go through the commencement ceremony and not actually receive your diploma sounds like an unsuccessful graduation
We had a couple in our HS class that had to do a little summer school thing to get something signed to put in their diploma folder but they let them walk. I think there was one other who was a lot further away than one summer school stint and he didn't get to walk because to graduate he would be with the next year's class. I doubt if he ever did.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Son got his final report card and he made a hard surge over his final two semesters. If he could have applied for scholarships with the final gpa and rank he would have been way better off. A couple he missed eligibility because they only allow the top X amount to apply. He was X plus 1 after first semester and made X by the end.

Makes me feel better about college. Odd group, 66-70% going JUCO route, about 8% going 4 year and rest hitting work or military. In my day JUCO and 4 year were 50-50.

• Informative
Reactions: NWICY and SCyclone
Status
Not open for further replies.