Not open for further replies.

cycloneG

Mar 7, 2007
Off the grid
Define success. ;)
firstb_noun_002_14000.jpg

RunninMan

Nov 18, 2013
Anyone like crazy first date stories? Because I have a doozy after yesterday. We met in Sioux Falls and decided to go walk on the paths along the river and the falls. We ended up walking to downtown and then we turned around to go back to the falls. At some point on our way back down main street, I stepped in a puddle and we both turned around to see what I had just stepped in. That's when we noticed this shady looking guy wearing dark sunglasses shuffling his feet behind us. He was following us kind of close so he had our attention. Then, we had to wait for a light to change to cross the street and we didn't want to wait so we turned and crossed the river to walk down the other side of the falls, and he turned with us! He made every turn we did and every time we would stop to look at the river he would stop with us and pretend to be doing something else, but he was always within about 20 feet of us. Finally, we decided to just stop and wait him out. We were surrounded by people so we figured he couldn't do anything too serious. I asked loud enough for him to hear when our friend would be here to take pictures and if he would still be in his police uniform (which was totally made up). She caught on and said he had just texted and he would be here any minute. She's a smart cookie :). He heard it and immediately backed off for a while but didn't leave and started to come closer again. I finally just turned around and didn't take my eyes off of him to let him know that I knew he was following us. We would make eye contact every once in a while but he would just go back to pretending he was doing something else. The longer we waited the closer he inched to us even though I was staring him down the whole time. Finally we decided he was too close and obviously our fake police friend wasn't showing up so we made a beeline for the gift shop and we ducked in there and he didn't follow us. We couldn't see him anymore so we left for my car which was parked in the lot right next to the gift shop. Sure enough, he had stopped about 20 yards from the gift shop and was waiting for us to come out. We were close enough to my car that we could get in and leave before he could catch back up to us so I don't think he knew we were parked there. He started following us downtown so he probably thought we had to walk all the way back there. My date actually handled it really well and we joked that either I had hired him to make me look like the protective boyfriend that beats up the bad guy to save the girl or she had hired him to keep an eye on us if the date wasn't going well. Unfortunately I think he was just some creep and I hate to think of what would have happened if there weren't people around or if we hadn't noticed he was following us.

But aside from the whole stalking episode, we went to dinner, hung out in a park for a while, and watched my favorite Disney movie (The Fox and the Hound) since she's a huge Disney fan, and I got a new girlfriend out of the deal so that's nice :)

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Dumb question, but is there something going on today that would cause them to show up that early?
Not that I'm aware of. Some were the same people that were there last week. I think they must just get up and go to the bar. If I wasn't just leaving work I know I wouldn't be there.

dirtyninety

Oct 6, 2012
Anyone like crazy first date stories? Because I have a doozy after yesterday. We met in Sioux Falls and decided to go walk on the paths along the river and the falls. We ended up walking to downtown and then we turned around to go back to the falls. At some point on our way back down main street, I stepped in a puddle and we both turned around to see what I had just stepped in. That's when we noticed this shady looking guy wearing dark sunglasses shuffling his feet behind us. He was following us kind of close so he had our attention. Then, we had to wait for a light to change to cross the street and we didn't want to wait so we turned and crossed the river to walk down the other side of the falls, and he turned with us! He made every turn we did and every time we would stop to look at the river he would stop with us and pretend to be doing something else, but he was always within about 20 feet of us. Finally, we decided to just stop and wait him out. We were surrounded by people so we figured he couldn't do anything too serious. I asked loud enough for him to hear when our friend would be here to take pictures and if he would still be in his police uniform (which was totally made up). She caught on and said he had just texted and he would be here any minute. She's a smart cookie :). He heard it and immediately backed off for a while but didn't leave and started to come closer again. I finally just turned around and didn't take my eyes off of him to let him know that I knew he was following us. We would make eye contact every once in a while but he would just go back to pretending he was doing something else. The longer we waited the closer he inched to us even though I was staring him down the whole time. Finally we decided he was too close and obviously our fake police friend wasn't showing up so we made a beeline for the gift shop and we ducked in there and he didn't follow us. We couldn't see him anymore so we left for my car which was parked in the lot right next to the gift shop. Sure enough, he had stopped about 20 yards from the gift shop and was waiting for us to come out. We were close enough to my car that we could get in and leave before he could catch back up to us so I don't think he knew we were parked there. He started following us downtown so he probably thought we had to walk all the way back there. My date actually handled it really well and we joked that either I had hired him to make me look like the protective boyfriend that beats up the bad guy to save the girl or she had hired him to keep an eye on us if the date wasn't going well. Unfortunately I think he was just some creep and I hate to think of what would have happened if there weren't people around or if we hadn't noticed he was following us.

But aside from the whole stalking episode, we went to dinner, hung out in a park for a while, and watched my favorite Disney movie (The Fox and the Hound) since she's a huge Disney fan, and I got a new girlfriend out of the deal so that's nice :)

This is how I handle any person who dates my daughter.
The Fox and the Hound?

RunninMan

Nov 18, 2013
Or in your words, DND. Especially after reading the creepy guy story.
Runnin - why didn’t you just take his picture and video a few times?
I guess it never occurred to me. Honestly I like to consider myself pretty tech savvy but when it comes to my phone I'm pretty old fashioned. If I'm with someone it rarely leaves my pocket if I even have it on me in the first place. But that would probably have been a good idea so the police could have identified our killer when they found our bodies...

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Dumb question, but is there something going on today that would cause them to show up that early?

3rd shifters get pretty used to morning beers, when I did factory work it was pretty common to stop after work. Only difference was drinking in the am instead of the pm.

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
I guess it never occurred to me. Honestly I like to consider myself pretty tech savvy but when it comes to my phone I'm pretty old fashioned. If I'm with someone it rarely leaves my pocket if I even have it on me in the first place. But that would probably have been a good idea so the police could have identified our killer when they found our bodies...

Also don't be afraid to call them out. Ask wtf thwy are following you for and say you've called the cops. Which you could have done. Totally warranted. Glad you were able to deter the creeper

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Well home for the evening work went well busier than expected but it all went smooth. Somebody crashed pretty hard on I-35 near the Thornton exit. not a straight panel or a window left in it from the quick look when I went by. Traffic was backed up 1.5 miles going So. and quite a bit further going No. it looked like. On the road again tomorrow, hopefully that will be my last road day for a couple of days.

Reactions: CloneLawman
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron