Warm bedroom due to sun location - will this do anything?

Where should I put the fan?

• Total voters

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
Don't do it. All it will do is make you married to a wife who can't sleep without the sound of a fan. Then all of a sudden you're on a trip in a hotel and she's freaking out because there is no fan, so you have to stay up as she tries out 10 faux fan sounding apps until she finds one she can blare right next to you.

Sound machine FTW. Never slept as well in a hotel

Reactions: BuffettClone

baller21

Mar 15, 2009
I have an exxxxxxcelent solution to your problem.

FrankHilariousBear-size_restricted.gif

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Don't do it. All it will do is make you married to a wife who can't sleep without the sound of a fan. Then all of a sudden you're on a trip in a hotel and she's freaking out because there is no fan, so you have to stay up as she tries out 10 faux fan sounding apps until she finds one she can blare right next to you.

Is this the voice of experience speaking?

MuskieCy

Nov 4, 2006
Summer, change the airflow to 90% upstairs to the bedrooms. Cool air sinks.

Winter, reverse the airflow. Warm air rises. A temperature inversion is easily felt halfway up the stairway. Going through it punches a hole in it and the inversion disappears.

• Agree
Reactions: ruxCYtable

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
I pack my little lightweight Vornado fan. You should have seen me arguing with the ship's engineer when they tried to confiscate it (but left my heating pad alone...go figure). PS...I won. ;)

• Funny
Reactions: Farnsworth

DurangoCy

Jul 5, 2010
Durango, CO
Best to worst in terms of cooling imho:
The portable AC units are awesome.
Close as many vents as you can in the cold areas, so more air is forced to your MB.
Fan on the floor from the cold area.

I cant sleep at any temp over 72, so I like it frigid. Life's too short to be uncomfortable, so I'd ge the AC unit it you can't figure it out.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Lol, I will run the ac but I dont like heat. And I have massive trees surrounding my house so if the windows and blinds are closed it can be 68 in my house even in July.

You would love North Iowa this morning, if you don't live up here. It's a balmy 40 right now. Too darn cold and 3-6 inches of snow coming tonight.