• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

CoKane

Oct 26, 2013
Cedar Rapids
The big 12 tourney championship is great fun, but let’s quit acting like it means something. It’s embarrasing, no one outside isu cares about their conf tourneys other than the 1 bid leagues.

Hang a banner baby!!! Wahoo!
Tell that to the KU players who all looked disappointed they didn't win it, or to the dude on Villanova who was about to cry in a post game interview after winning the Big East. Like, we shouldn't call this year a success because we won the CT, but it's not like nobody gives any ***** about them either

CYber_saber

Mar 2, 2017
The big 12 tourney championship is great fun, but let’s quit acting like it means something. It’s embarrasing, no one outside isu cares about their conf tourneys other than the 1 bid leagues.

So only a national championship makes you happy?

Cyclone06

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Urbandale
Tell that to the KU players who all looked disappointed they didn't win it, or to the dude on Villanova who was about to cry in a post game interview after winning the Big East. Like, we shouldn't call this year a success because we won the CT, but it's not like nobody gives any ***** about them either
Any competitior is sad to lose any game, and happy to win. Theirs clear hierarchy of what matters most and pumping up a CT doesn’t lessen the disappointment. Actually it makes it worse.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017

It’s overplayed here, but MSU cared, Duke cared.

Reactions: jctisu

ForbinsAscynt

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2014
What can he do? You can’t build a team around him as a sophomore, maybe a junior or senior. The guy has no offensive game besides transition lay ups and dunks and open 3s. He needs develop still.
Many say Babb was the leader this year. Not the best player but the leader. Give me Haliburton over Babb in a leadership role all day every day

Cyclone06

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Urbandale
College basketball is entertainment. We all are emotionally invested but there are 35 games to watch and 67 teams lose their final game. When it's tough you can wallow in it or be thankful for what brought you joy.
i am thankful. Truly. Tonight they lost without playing anywhere near their ability to a team that is inferior. Even Marie kondo wants you to be at your best.

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
Babb was solid. ISU stumbled last year after he got hurt. His shooting disappeared at times but so did Wigginton's and THT's. Babb hardly ever turned the ball over and I am not sure who will take his spot at PG. Nixon?

I'll take a few more turnovers for being a little more aggressive with the ball. That was not a good game by NWB. At the worst possible time.

• Agree
Reactions: SpokaneCY

CapnCy

Jul 6, 2010
I’d give the trophy back for a win today but that’s just me. Ready for a Haliburton led team
I was just thinking.....would you rather be Baylor today or us? I honestly don't know what players think. Trade your tourney ring for NCAA wins?

Of course no way to tell, but clearly momentum didn't carry to NCAA (and we had droughts of shooting in big 12 too)

CyBobby

Oct 18, 2006
Central Iowa
Losing suck; more for the team than fans. But everyone except the champion ends with a loss. It doesn't define the team.

But you know what? We won a Big 12 tournament championship. That's going in the rafters forever. We've got some great seniors who left it all on the court. We had road wins over more Top 25 teams than any other Iowa State team in history. We had some really exciting games and some huge wins I won't soon forget.

Thanks for the good times. Thanks for being Cyclones.

I agree mtowncy...the sting of this loss will hurt for a little while but the Hardware in the trophy case and the Banner in the rafters will last forever.....and remember GO Cyclones

CydeOut

Nov 21, 2009
Kansas
I was just thinking.....would you rather be Baylor today or us? I honestly don't know what players think. Trade your tourney ring for NCAA wins?

Of course no way to tell, but clearly momentum didn't carry to NCAA (and we had droughts of shooting in big 12 too)

Yes. The answer is yes. They would all trade Big 12 rings for NCAA wins because they want a national title. But this shouldn’t mean they shouldn’t be proud of winning the Big 12 tourney. They played 3 tough games in 3 days. It’s awesome and a very nice accomplishment, but I guarantee it doesn’t mean as much to them as a long run in the NCAAs. Just didn’t happen for us last night.

Reactions: CapnCy