clonebb

Oct 23, 2015
Dear Nick,

Pass the ball to Lindell in the corner and we may still be dancing. I know you wanted to be the hero, but you are mid major player and not a good shooter.

• Dislike
Reactions: TwinCitiesCy

NENick

Feb 14, 2017
Dear Nick,

Pass the ball to Lindell in the corner and we may still be dancing. I know you wanted to be the hero, but you are mid major player and not a good shooter.

Seriously?
NWB obviously didn't have a great game last night, but if he made a couple shots, added to 6 rebounds, 4 assists, and no turnovers, it would have been solid. He was not the reason for the loss and is definitely NOT a mid-major player!

Oh, and he had a wide-open look, at the buzzer, that was right on target. Just didn't go in. Story of the night, for most of the team.

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
Tell that to the KU players who all looked disappointed they didn't win it, or to the dude on Villanova who was about to cry in a post game interview after winning the Big East. Like, we shouldn't call this year a success because we won the CT, but it's not like nobody gives any ***** about them either
Winning the Big 12 tourney is great, but mainly as a chance to get better for the NCAA's.
This week is much more important than last week.

• Agree
Reactions: awd4cy

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Losing suck; more for the team than fans. But everyone except the champion ends with a loss. It doesn't define the team.

But you know what? We won a Big 12 tournament championship. That's going in the rafters forever. We've got some great seniors who left it all on the court. We had road wins over more Top 25 teams than any other Iowa State team in history. We had some really exciting games and some huge wins I won't soon forget.

Thanks for the good times. Thanks for being Cyclones.
Thankyou, ditto.

LarryISU

Feb 10, 2013
Omaha
Ohio State was 8-12 in conference and had 19 wins before Friday. They didn't even belong. We had some great moments this year I agree. But this last game was inexplicable. Although not a surprise given the roller coaster season. So yes. Thank you, players. I'm sure you are much more disappointed than we fans think we are. What could have been?

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
It isn't an either or type thing. Elite programs win conference tournaments and make the Sweet 16's. That should be the Cyclone's goal every year.

Some fans may be spoiled by 4 conference tournaments in 6 years, but winning the Big12 tournament is a significant accomplishment. I think it is bigger for ISU and KU because the level of fan support in Kansas City.

My rank would be:
  • Sweet 16 or better in NCAA Tournament
  • Big 12 Regular Season Title
  • Big 12 Conference Tournament Title
  • Big 12 Conference Tournament 2nd Place
  • NCAA first round winner

Help Support Us

Become a patron