I think it’s safe to say

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
To be fair, I'm not sure that this season could legit become unsuccessful at this point.

We could lay an egg tomorrow night and in the first game of the tournament and I wouldn't necessarily say it was a bad season.

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
I think what plagued them earlier was still plaguing them tonight, tough outside shooting. The difference tonight is that they found a way to win with defense and effort that we haven't seen since Maui. This team isn't a good enough shooting team to expect them to be falling every night. But if they put the effort in they can rebound and play good enough defense to keep them in the game until one or two of those fall.

ISUKyro

Oct 28, 2006
Houston, TX
I'll admit that I've been overly critical of this team (easy to say after a post season win).
Let's not forget history that this not that old: ISU had a very long stretch of taking teams to this tournament and being 1 and done.

Now we are back in ship...... again. That is worth something.

I hope they keep playing with a chip on their shoulder. They have been really fun to watch the last 2 games.

• Creative
Reactions: ONE-HITTER

bosco

Dec 21, 2008
Des Moines
This team needed this type of win. A test your mettle and your manhood game. They have had opportunities to win these games but were found lacking. Not today. This is the ISU team I've been waiting for all year.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
This team needed this type of win. A test your mettle and your manhood game. They have had opportunities to win these games but were found lacking. Not today. This is the ISU team I've been waiting for all year.

And if THt plays within himself there's a decent ceiling for this group.

1. Play hard on D.
2. Share the ball.
3. Fun.

CySmurf

Jul 14, 2011
Who was the poster who said earlier in the year (when the team was struggling and when it became apparent we weren't going to win the regular season title)
that it would be a slap in the face to all our fans if they went and won the tournament title...SHOW YOURSELF!!!

• Winner
Reactions: RRRunotEntertained

tyler24

Jun 19, 2006
And if THt plays within himself there's a decent ceiling for this group.

1. Play hard on D.
2. Share the ball.
3. Fun.
I want to add, if THT plays like he's capable all the time on D. He loses his man a lot and is very slow to recovery.

We have a very capable team, they just can't rely on talent and I am hoping they finally are realizing that for the most part.

• Agree
Reactions: isutrevman

kcbob79clone

I think what plagued them earlier was still plaguing them tonight, tough outside shooting. The difference tonight is that they found a way to win with defense and effort that we haven't seen since Maui. This team isn't a good enough shooting team to expect them to be falling every night. But if they put the effort in they can rebound and play good enough defense to keep them in the game until one or two of those fall.

Credit the 4th ranked KState defense which had a lot to do with poor shooting. This year we played the 1st ranked (TTech) and 4th ranked defenses 5 times.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Hehe, I'm OK with it. The real team finally showed up. That was going to be the real slap in the face. If we went through this season not being able to see what this team is fully capable of.

Let's see next week. Could be a lot of fun or not. Like every NCAA tourney.

helechopper

Loyal Son Forever True
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2006
Chicago
This year we played the 1st ranked (TTech) and 4th ranked defenses 5 times.

This is such a great point and why I love March Madness. Our opponent doesn’t know us well and won’t play D like the 1st and 4th ranked teams in the land...until later rounds.

I think we play KU tomorrow and smoke those fools. It should be a fun, run and gun game where we outrun and outgun them.

Cyclone06

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Urbandale
Credit to Prohm for turning it around. He's been coaching better the last couple games too. Benching THT was a very good move.
Lol, I thought coach was a no show tonight. He did nothing to help win. The inbounds with Shayok trapped in the corner, he watched like a fan and never motioned for a time-out. Then Jacobsen fouls a three point shooter. A coach has to stress against that there. Maybe he did, but if he did his guy completely ignored him. Took Tht out about 6 minutes too late in second half. Tonight they won in spite of coach thanks to Shayok.

cyfanatic13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Lol, I thought coach was a no show tonight. He did nothing to help win. The inbounds with Shayok trapped in the corner, he watched like a fan and never motioned for a time-out. Then Jacobsen fouls a three point shooter. A coach has to stress against that there. Maybe he did, but if he did his guy completely ignored him. Took Tht out about 6 minutes too late in second half. Tonight they won in spite of coach thanks to Shayok.
Are you always this stupid or is today a special occasion?

Cyclone06

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Urbandale
Are you always this stupid or is today a special occasion?
Ha, Id appreciate you refuting the point. I like coach, tonight was not his best by a lot. Bruce Weber is a joke to me, but he was bettter at his job tonight. Maybe coach wanted two Shayok fade away threes with it all on the line. At least it worked out.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron