I think it’s safe to say

isutrevman

Jan 30, 2007
Ames, IA
Too bad Lard had trouble catching the ball tonight. Sure, they were tough passes, but he's athletic enough to make those plays. Certainly did consistently last year, but we all know this is not last year's Cam.
Yeah, he usually has pretty good hands. He played with a ton of energy tonight and was blocking out really well. Picked up his typical 2 B.S. fouls too.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
I want to add, if THT plays like he's capable all the time on D. He loses his man a lot and is very slow to recovery.

We have a very capable team, they just can't rely on talent and I am hoping they finally are realizing that for the most part.

yyyyaaaaaawwwwnnnn

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
Ha, Id appreciate you refuting the point. I like coach, tonight was not his best by a lot. Bruce Weber is a joke to me, but he was bettter at his job tonight. Maybe coach wanted two Shayok fade away threes with it all on the line. At least it worked out.

I remember when I was learning how basketball worked

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
Lol, I thought coach was a no show tonight. He did nothing to help win. The inbounds with Shayok trapped in the corner, he watched like a fan and never motioned for a time-out. Then Jacobsen fouls a three point shooter. A coach has to stress against that there. Maybe he did, but if he did his guy completely ignored him. Took Tht out about 6 minutes too late in second half. Tonight they won in spite of coach thanks to Shayok.

This is really dumb. I mean like a contender for the dumbest post in the history of this site dumb

Reactions: isu83

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
THT's frosh game is showing he is extremely streaky from 3. Until Talen learns he's got to go with his driving game when he's cold from
deep, CSP has no choice but go with Halli and Wiggy.

THT needs to acknowledge that passing is beneficial for the rest including himself.

• Agree
Reactions: CascadeClone

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
Id say there were plays I don't remember us ever running this year. I say coach gets a b+ for this game.

I think Coach Prohm kept it pretty simple all year, and I think they've been practicing a few things that they've held for the postseason. That could be key for them. Our zone last night may have been the best zone we've played in a while. Didn't use it very often, but when we did, it slowed down KSU and made them take some tough shots.

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
I think Coach Prohm kept it pretty simple all year, and I think they've been practicing a few things that they've held for the postseason. That could be key for them. Our zone last night may have been the best zone we've played in a while. Didn't use it very often, but when we did, it slowed down KSU and made them take some tough shots.

The zone was a difference maker. It’s what helped slow KSU when they started out hot and I think we used it for the majority of that 7 minutes scoreless streak KSU had in the first half.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Cyclonepride

JaCyn

Mar 18, 2017
And if THt plays within himself there's a decent ceiling for this group.

1. Play hard on D.
2. Share the ball.
3. Fun.
He is my emotional rollercoaster. He can get to the hoop at will and shoot so well in rythm, then he will take off balance fall away shots.

Last edited:

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
He is my emotional rollercoaster. He can get to the hoop at will and shoot so well in rythm, then he will take of balance fall away shots.

I think if I'm coaching Talen, I tell him I'll give him one of those for every shot that he takes to the hoop and scores or assists. He's so good when he's going inside, and that really opens up everything else.