So much respect for Texas Tech coach

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
Beard is a bro. And one of the best coaches in the country.

I have a terrifying feeling that he is going to be running a powerhouse in Austin in 4-5 years.

I was thinking this during the game the other night, imagine he got a crowd/atmosphere at UT. Yikes!

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
There's typically at least one post in a Gameday thread requesting for NWB to be benched, and I think someone even said he should transfer again during one game.

Chris Beard calls him one of his favorite players in the Big 12.

I'll go with Beard on this one.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
There's typically at least one post in a Gameday thread requesting for NWB to be benched, and I think someone even said he should transfer again during one game.

A point guard that can guard a 6'6" lottery pick while running the offense and taking care of the ball? Yeah, I'll go with Beard on this one too.

NickTheGreat

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 17, 2012
Central Iowa
The funny thing is the shot was definitely an ugly looking, terrible shot but it did draw a little iron. If I were him I would be laughing rather than upset when they chanted airball all game after that.

It worked, especially on his free throws. Dude was 3/9, 0/4 from 3. 1/4 FT.

• Agree
Reactions: Rolling Clones

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
Beard is a damn impressive coach. I hope he stays at Tech a long time. I don’t mind seeing them succeed.

• Creative
Reactions: Cyclad

inCyteful

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 28, 2012
Fort Collins, CO

It is becoming more evident every game that our offense stalls when NWB isn't in there as well. And it seems to me that he his increasing his aggressiveness each game. I think he is timing it to have his best game against Tennessee for the championship.

UnCytely

SuperFanatic
Sep 24, 2017
Council Bluffs, Iowa

I wish we could have had him as a freshman. I wish he could have had an extra couple of years in our "system".

• Agree
Reactions: isutrevman

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
It is becoming more evident every game that our offense stalls when NWB isn't in there as well. And it seems to me that he his increasing his aggressiveness each game. I think he is timing it to have his best game against Tennessee for the championship.

There were complaints Wednesday about him stalling with the ball in the 2nd half, and it may have been true to an extent, but it looked pretty hectic, and there shouldn't be too much complaining about a player who can help to slow things down and let things get situated a bit, especially with a lead and a young team in a tough environment.

• Winner
Reactions: isufbcurt

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there

The anti NWB people are even dumber than the anti Prohm folks.

dahliaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 4, 2007
Minneapolis
I didn’t realize Beard is a Longhorn grad. I think he will be their next coach whenever Texas cans Smart.

ruxCYtable

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 29, 2007
Colorado
UT should throw a ****-ton of money at him. Shaka isn't the answer there.
Agreed. Year after year I'm amazed at how many programs fall for the new shiny thing that makes a run in the NCAA tournament. It often does not work long-term.

I cannot agree on Huggins. His style of play is a crusade to destroy the game of basketball. Continue to foul constantly because they can't call them all and work the officials is not true basketball. I will never wish WVU success in basketball as long as he is there.
As much as I enjoy his soundbites, have to agree here. I know some people who know Huggins personally and believe he's bad for the game of basketball. Supposedly he treats everyone around him like dirt, including players, coaches, staff, everyone.

I've also heard horrible stories about things he whispers in officials' ears. Stuff he knows he won't get T'd for because no one else hears it. Stuff so nasty I can't even hint about it.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Agreed. Year after year I'm amazed at how many programs fall for the new shiny thing that makes a run in the NCAA tournament. It often does not work long-term.

As much as I enjoy his soundbites, have to agree here. I know some people who know Huggins personally and believe he's bad for the game of basketball. Supposedly he treats everyone around him like dirt, including players, coaches, staff, everyone.

I've also heard horrible stories about things he whispers in officials' ears. Stuff he knows he won't get T'd for because no one else hears it. Stuff so nasty I can't even hint about it.
There is no excuse for officials not T'ing him up for those. They don't have to answer to anyone except the league's director of officiating and other officials could easily back up the official under scrutiny if he makes a habit of it.

ruxCYtable

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 29, 2007
Colorado
There is no excuse for officials not T'ing him up for those. They don't have to answer to anyone except the league's director of officiating and other officials could easily back up the official under scrutiny if he makes a habit of it.
That's true. I think it's a pride thing for some people. They don't want him to know he's getting to them. And they don't want to deal with the aftermath of him throwing up his arms and claiming he didn't do anything and turning a whole gym against them. So, right or wrong, he gets away with it.

• Creative
Reactions: RoseClone

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO

depositphotos_70393963-stock-photo-spill-the-beans.jpg