Winter Weather 1/18-1/19

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
@wxman1 and @FDWxMan - do meteorologists ever speak to schools? I'm organizing a STEAM night for our elementary's PTA and need a keynote speaker who can engage K - 5. You guys were the first I thought of!

It varies. I know some that do school talks every week and haves a whole program around it and others that never do. Bret can hook you up with something good over there.

• Friendly
Reactions: Angie

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
It varies. I know some that do school talks every week and haves a whole program around it and others that never do. Bret can hook you up with something good over there.

You guys are amazing. I had NO idea how to go through the channels and such!

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Have a buddy that works for the state and they had a conference about winter weather. He said they had Metinka Slater and Amber Alexander for it and Amber was in the front asking a lot of questions. Metinka just kinda of showed up sat in the back and never said anything. WHO just gained a new viewer.

• Friendly
Reactions: Angie

ISUAgronomist

Nov 5, 2009
On the farm, IA
Have a buddy that works for the state and they had a conference about winter weather. He said they had Metinka Slater and Amber Alexander for it and Amber was in the front asking a lot of questions. Metinka just kinda of showed up sat in the back and never said anything. WHO just gained a new viewer.

Not sure why anyone would watch KCCI. Their meteorology group sucks.

Bret44

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 8, 2009
Cedar River Valley
Is this your way of asking if you will be able to see over it? ;)
tenor.gif

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
I think I remember seeing that Amber Alexander was in an Ames elementary school not long ago.

You guys are fantastic. I'll send Amber an email - that's great. It would be awesome to have an engaging keynote speaker!