Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Let’s just hope Frank Scaglione wasn’t.
I2m.gif

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
Planning on coming down from the cities Friday after work. Is that a bad idea?

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
Why not wait until Friday morning and check NWS for forecast updates and the DOT for road conditions instead of asking here 3 days in advance? How the ---- are we supposed to know now?
LOL this is a discussion of the weather we are getting 3 days from now. Maybe we should just shut down the whole thread. You ok?

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
Planning on coming down from the cities Friday after work. Is that a bad idea?

I drove from DSM to KC this past Saturday morning. It was fine, but thankfully there was no wind. I probably would not of made the trip if there was wind, which it sounds like will be the case this weekend.

Reactions: CloniesForLife

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
Why not wait until Friday morning and check NWS for forecast updates and the DOT for road conditions instead of asking here 3 days in advance? How the ---- are we supposed to know now?

Meh I wouldn't change any plans at this point but there is nothing wrong with being weather aware leading up to a trip. When I flight plan I start looking at the weather 3-5 days in advance to get an idea. As we move closer I start adjusting plans if needed dependent on those forecasts.

This allows you time to make contingency plans instead of getting caught with your pants down with your head in the sand.

knowlesjam

Oct 21, 2012
Papillion, NE
Meh I wouldn't change any plans at this point but there is nothing wrong with being weather aware leading up to a trip. When I flight plan I start looking at the weather 3-5 days in advance to get an idea. As we move closer I start adjusting plans if needed dependent on those forecasts.

This allows you time to make contingency plans instead of getting caught with your pants down with your head in the sand.

Never a good thing in Iowa City. Hawkeye Belly might find you...

• Funny
Reactions: kkise

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA

That would make a great photo for all kinds of memes. EXAMPLE: What does a typical Fran McCaffrey fan look like?

• Funny
Reactions: wxman1