*** Official IOWA STATE VS #18 Iowa Game(Day) Thread ***

psychlone99

Apr 6, 2006
psychlone99.wordpress.com
You don't think Prohm cares about this rivalry? See exhibit 1, end of game.

His young team with some post suspension patchwork didn't get it done tonight. Not because they didn't care. Because they played an off game against a bigger and more veteran team, and had a handful of tough breaks when it mattered most. But they NEVER quit.

We're in good shape.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Shayok and Jacobson were being kinda d**cks there with McCaffrey, but I think it all went back to McCaffrey starting the "fight" in the 1st half by running his mouth.

I've never seen Prohm like that before. I wonder what he was telling Fran's assistant?

Why are the McCaffrey's such d-bags though?

All I can say is thank goodness I don't have to watch that Iowa team play ever again this year. That stuff is hard to watch. I'd much rather watch basketball being played, which ISU is better at. Turning it into a brawl is not what I enjoy watching.

BeneventiCy28

Feb 9, 2015
Granger
Iowa won their Super Bowl, finals, whatever you want to call it. We'll be fine this year, we still aren’t with our two most important players, we have a ton of young guys who are playing their first true road game, and we will do better than Iowa in he NCAA tournament. I’d rather have an Alamo bowl win that this game anyday

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
Well, everything that could go wrong, did.

Poor on offense.

Poor on defense.

Iowa was crazy hot.

Iowa got the calls.

Iowa got the favorable bounces.

We were due for a bad game. Their backs were against the wall and they pulled out all the stops.

Annoying to lose to those bozos, but it happens in a rivalry game on the road. On to the next.
We were poor from three point land but it wasn't that poor offensively. 80 points should win most games. You win approximately 0 giving up 98 and getting murdered on the boards.

It seemed like Iowa had a LOT more than 12 2nd chance points.

Bigman38

SuperFanatic
Jul 27, 2010
Council Bluffs, IA
At least there are a few logical ISU fans that realize they started the **** at the end of the game. Can't blame Fran for getting guys off the court before it escalated further

Yeah, it definitely wasn't the little ***** throwing elbows at everyone. He's going to be fun to watch lose his mind for four year just like is dad.

ianoconnor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2007
Johnston
Look at the replay again. Shayok only poked at the ball at the end because Connor threw out his elbow when Shayok walked next to him. Shayok wasn't even looking at him at the time. And then he did it again afterwards.
There was no reason to even pretend to guard the ball there. Our guys should have backed away.

• Agree
Reactions: cyLKUIF

Go2Guy

Mar 18, 2006
Houston, TX
I hate losing to Iowa. Just the worst fan base on earth.

But I am not worried about playing 2nd fiddle to their BBall program. That program is all about the McCaffrey's for the next 3-5 years and there is nothing good that can come of that. Narcissistic hot heads. Hopefully they will leave a stain on that program similar to Alford.

Two kids on the team next 3-4 years. He's gotta win, or go down with the ship.