Jon Miller talking about Iowa winning Big 10 on his show today!

hursts

Apr 10, 2006
He already says that Iowa has a chance to "sneak one this year" referring to winning the Big 10. I can tell you flat out that Ricky Stanzi or Jake Christensen are not going to lead you to a Big 10 title. Maybe if Arvell Nelson gets out of jail he could come back and lead the Hawks to the promised land this year.

bellzisu

Apr 15, 2006
Norwalk
Re: Jon Miller talkling about Iowa winning Big 10 on his show today!

They won this weekend. Now since the superbowl is over, they can claim the Big 11 trophy since that is their god given birth right.

You knew this was going to be mentioned, especially after beating us.

National Title game, here comes the Hawks.

dosry5

Nov 28, 2006
Johnston
How can anyone even listen to his show? I'll never understand his fan club on this website. He's not a closet clone fan, he's snide towards clones on the radio.......it's almost like some people are "star struck" by him and think he's a celebrity. I don't get it. I just don't listen. Period. Nothing good comes of it, ever.

DJK15

Apr 17, 2008
Look at the way Michigan and tOSU are playing, combine that with the fact that Iowa gets Wisconsin and PSU at home. You have to admit that it's a very possible scenario.

dosry5

Nov 28, 2006
Johnston
Look at the way Michigan and tOSU are playing, combine that with the fact that Iowa gets Wisconsin and PSU at home. You have to admit that it's a very possible scenario.

I wouldn't admit that at all. Wisconsin and PSU are light years ahead of eiu.

Drive4cy

Nov 17, 2006
Iowa was tied with ISU 3-3 after three quarters in a game that saw ISU miss FGs and waste several other chances. All this occuring in Iowa City.

Iowa is not a good football team, sorry. Maybe if they can find a capable QB but their QB picture is fuzzy at best.

Rogue52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 20, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
If Iowa wins the Big 10 conference this year, it speaks volumes to the quality of that conference.

mplscyclone

Jul 8, 2008
Ames, IA
I wouldn't admit that at all. Wisconsin and PSU are light years ahead of eiu.

No kidding PSU has been looking way better than OSU. I would think that anyone in the Big Ten, minus PSU, is going to get blown out by USC. USC is that DAMN good.

I think the Big 11 comes down to either tOSU, PSU, or Wisconsin.

ahaselhu

Sep 10, 2007
Clarinda, IA
I wouldn't call it a very possible scenario, but it is remotely possible. IMO, they have a good enough defense to keep them in most games. Also, its possible that they could lose one or two games and still win the Big 10 this year.

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
How can anyone even listen to his show? I'll never understand his fan club on this website. He's not a closet clone fan, he's snide towards clones on the radio.......it's almost like some people are "star struck" by him and think he's a celebrity. I don't get it. I just don't listen. Period. Nothing good comes of it, ever.

Amen.

DJK15

Apr 17, 2008
Iowa was tied with ISU 3-3 after three quarters in a game that saw ISU miss FGs and waste several other chances. All this occuring in Iowa City.

Iowa is not a good football team, sorry. Maybe if they can find a capable QB but their QB picture is fuzzy at best.

Iowa's defense has given up a total of 6 points in 3 games. I don't care who you've played, that's impressive. Iowa's defense will keep them in every game this season. If the offense is at least average, I like their chances.

DJK15

Apr 17, 2008
Wisconsin and PSU are light years ahead of eiu.

Did you watch the Iowa/Wisconsin game last year? Wisconsin is LIGHT YEARS ahead of Iowa? Going by last year's game I'd say they're a couple feet ahead of Iowa.

dosry5

Nov 28, 2006
Johnston
Did you watch the Iowa/Wisconsin game last year? Wisconsin is LIGHT YEARS ahead of Iowa? Going by last year's game I'd say they're a couple feet ahead of Iowa.

Wait...we do or don't go off last year? You change that to fit your needs....

Put your CyBookie credits where your keyboard is.

Clones85'

Just Win Baby
Jan 31, 2007
Right now the Mountain West is better than the Big 10. With that said there is no way Iowa wins the conference. Their offense is still brutal. I will be shocked if they win 8 games. We lost to a below average Iowa team

heyguy85

Nov 9, 2007
Iowa
A team needs a decent QB to win the Big 10. Besides Brad Banks, tell me a good QB the Hawks have had since Paul Burmesiter or Chuck Long. They always think they have struck gold i.e. Kyle McCann, Randy Reiners, Drew Tate, etc. OSU, Penn St, and Wisc are looking to finish ahead of the beloved Hawks this year.

Drive4cy

Nov 17, 2006
Iowa's big, bad defense was steller after three games last season, too. Where did that get them?

Oh yea....

ketchupnmustard

Oct 28, 2006
When Joe Paterno got up this morning and put on his glasses, he saw into the future. JoePa observed Pennnnnnnn Staaaaaaaate winning the Big Ten this year.