COMMIT: Marcedus Leech, 2019 SF

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
I'll get excited when he gets on campus. Looks promising but this isn't my first rodeo. Little risk so I'm 100% on board.

This is a concern of mine as well. If he starts playing again this Fall and Winter and looks like his old self, do the big boys come calling again? Hope Prohm's loyalty would pay off in that case.

• Creative
  • Funny
Reactions: ComCY and 67CY

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
This is a concern of mine as well. If he starts playing again this Fall and Winter and looks like his old self, do the big boys come calling again? Hope Prohm's loyalty would pay off in that case.
He's not playing any more AAU, and is on Jonesboro High, not a prep team or one that travels to great HS tournaments around the country. So he won't have the exposure for all of the blue bloods to come calling. There still may be a few that can make us sweat, if he just absolutely lights it up. But I am not too worried about that at this point.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
I'm not concerned, just neutral.

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016

I would be concerned if he doesn't sign in November, but his high school season doesn't start until the end of that month.

• Optimistic
Reactions: mamsy and jim4

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis

Well at least we made it a half a day before worrying about a de-commitment. ;)
Leech wanted (per his social media) to commit 2 1/2 months ago but the staff didn't accept it until today, if he was having any second thoughts Marcedus had time change his mind and look at other shools.
Everyone can relax and enjoy envisioning Leech as a future clone and wait for a reason to be concerned.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
He's not playing any more AAU, and is on Jonesboro High, not a prep team or one that travels to great HS tournaments around the country. So he won't have the exposure for all of the blue bloods to come calling. There still may be a few that can make us sweat, if he just absolutely lights it up. But I am not too worried about that at this point.

Yeah. The fact that he waited a couple months for ISU to accept his commitment and his comments about how ISU stuck with him even through all the injury problems mean he's a solid commit. No reason for worry.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
At his old ranking tier, Leech would be our highest commit since... Ever?

Psiclone

Apr 11, 2006
Fixed that for you. :cool:

I...really like the kid’s video. I’d say that he looks even better than THT, but that’s A. Before Marcedus’s injury, and B. Before THT has gotten into peak playing condition.

And C, before Marcedus improves on his skills with another season to play before coming to ISU. He's more explosive/quicker than THT but that may just be perception due to THT's greater mass. The only area we haven't seen on the highlights is his passing ability in which THT excels. Going to be so much fun watching them on the court together!

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
At his old ranking tier, Leech would be our highest commit since... Ever?

That is difficult to say, I read somewhere he was in the low 40's before the injury. If that was where he ended up he'd be below Brackins, Wigginton and Horton-Tucker. That said ratings of healthy player fluxuate over 2 years so it is difficult to really compare.

The most impressive thing it is possible that 3 of the top players to commit to ISU can be on the same team next year. Full credit to Prohm.

Last edited:

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
That is difficult to say, I read somewhere he was in the low 40's before the injury. If that was where he ended up he'd be below Brackins, Wigginton and Horton-Tucker. That said ratings of healthy player fluxuate over 2 years so it is difficult to really compare.

The most impressive thing it is possible that 3 of the top players to commit to ISU can be on the same team next year. Full credit to Prohm.

Another reason why the people that think the last 7 years were a disappointment are dumb. This is what a run of tourney appearances and a couple sweet 16’s gets you in recruiting.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny

He was #23 in Rivals in March of last year I saw. Not sure how high he ever was on 247