Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
15846.jpg

cyclones12321

Feb 21, 2009
Newton Ia
Yeah, there is a video on 247, from 2016 I think, that shows his dribbling moves and he was making guys get moving hard one way with a move he could've done in a phone booth. Pretty impressive ballhandling for a SF. I hate the automatically comparing new recruits to former ISU guys, but I do see a lot of Will Clyburns' game in Mercedus.
nothing against clyburn because I really liked him as a player but I would hope leechs’ ball handling skills is a lot better than clyburns when he was here

• Agree
Reactions: srjclone

cyclones12321

Feb 21, 2009
Newton Ia
Welcome to CyclONation Marcedus! Been a long time coming but it'll be worth it.

I'll be looking forward to watching ESPN's college game day feature on Leech detailing his climb back from the fractures and how ISU/Prohm stuck with him through out.
Hopefully we’re playing KU and they can mention how KU backed off his recruitment

• Winner
Reactions: LLCoolCY

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
Love this kids first step and ability to get in the lane, add a little muscle and he's going to be tough to keep from getting to the rim. It's fair to be a bit worried about his health but he'll be nearly 2 years removed from the injury by the time he steps on campus so he has plenty of time to get his game back to where it was.

Bringing in a guard who can produce next year would lessen the gamble on Leech, although I'm not sure it really will end up being much of a gamble in a year when he is back to 100%.

• Agree
Reactions: srjclone

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
nothing against clyburn because I really liked him as a player but I would hope leechs’ ball handling skills is a lot better than clyburns when he was here
I think it is, or at least more refined at this point in his career. Although I can't honestly say what Will looked like going into his senior year haha. I should have included that in my original post.

I was more commenting on that, due to their style of play. He seems to look for slashing or off the dribble moves to the basket, while having the ability to step out and hit some 3s if people sag off due to being burned too many times. A really good skill set and knack to have as a basketball player, and hope his ball handling is as good as it has shown in his younger highlight tapes. (sounds like it is based off the one tweet evaluating his come back game this past weekend)

Reactions: cyclones12321

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
I'll get excited when he gets on campus. Looks promising but this isn't my first rodeo. Little risk so I'm 100% on board.

• Agree
Reactions: Knownothing

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
Leech isn't as long as Clyburn, but he's much faster from what I've seen. More of a SG caliber athlete than SF, IMO.
I've seen everything from 6'4-6'6 on heights for Mercedus. Seems really long for 6'4, but who knows. I think he's got a frame that can be molded into a great basketball body, even if he is a bit slender now.

• Agree
Reactions: rholtgraves

cyfamily

Mar 19, 2015
Welcome to the Cyclone family, Marcedus! Glad you will soon be part of Hilton Magic.