CF is getting its own beer

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
One of my favorite beers right now is Budweisers Freedom. I'm not a big Bud guy, but this beer, inspired by George Washington's brew, is phu ******* nominal.

So we need to have a brew inspired by one of the founders of Iowa State athletics.

• Disagree
Reactions: Pickman

cyclonestans

Dec 20, 2013
Iowa
zPicSjgP.jpeg

Just change the name on the can!

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
Sounds like a plan. A nice reddish marzen style for football season and then for basketball season a stout so thick that it pours like syrup...yeah.

Speaking of syrup...I had Founders Breakfast Stout before the OSU game this year - was perfect for a late season early tailgate :)

Reactions: jbindm

Iastfan112

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 14, 2006
Not:
Lager/Light Lager- boring, I also doubt you'll alter peoples longer term preferences
Sour- niche
IPA- saturation

Like the suggestion of a red ale personally.

bgprest

Aug 18, 2008
Dallas, TX
Whatever kind of beer it is...

Let's just hope the bottle/can design incorporates an upside down poop emoji...

huntt26

Apr 10, 2006
po' dUnk
I was going to keep it quiet till tomorrow but the brewery is BarnTown. I'm glad you guys are so excited about this. I am too. You guys are all going to have a say in the name/style and we're going to tap it at our annual kickoff party this year. More details coming!

NIIIIIICE! If it's BarnTown you should do an IPA because they seriously make some of the best IPAs in the state (sorry IPA haters).

CyPA Fanatic

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
I was going to keep it quiet till tomorrow but the brewery is BarnTown. I'm glad you guys are so excited about this. I am too. You guys are all going to have a say in the name/style and we're going to tap it at our annual kickoff party this year. More details coming!

Early nomination for thread of the year!

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron