The new club section sucks (my review)

ColoradoClone

Apr 6, 2006
Folks going out of their way, quite often in fact, to find something to gripe about. All summer long, people begged for the arrival of football.

Now that it's hear and we've started 2-0 to boot - people still find something to rant about.

It's just a little Hawkish, as some call it.

I agree with BryceC here. I don't think he's going out of his way at all. If you pay that kind of money, you have every right to complain about the poor product. It's not an issue of winning or losing. It's a product the department offers for a premium price, and in his mind, they're falling short. I'd be upset too.

Personally, I think attacking one of our donors saying they're just looking for something to gripe about is "Hawkish".

Reactions: C.John and tim_redd

clone61

Dec 8, 2007
NE Iowa
I can attest to emailing JP
At thursday nights game, the persons taking money for parking wanted an extra $20 for canopys/ tents, and I was a bit outraged, as they then proceeded to tell me they've always charged that, but just never enforced it. I then proceeded to email JP on Friday morning, and he forwarded my email to a DPS parking person. Got a response and my 20 bucks back, and was told that they will NOT be doing this again unless they find it necessary to do so.. Amazing what a few words can accomplish.

Cyclone711

Oct 27, 2007
Minnesota
Folks going out of their way, quite often in fact, to find something to gripe about. All summer long, people begged for the arrival of football.

Now that it's hear and we've started 2-0 to boot - people still find something to rant about.

It's just a little Hawkish, as some call it.

If I spent that much money and thought the accomadations weren't very good I'd say something about it too. You expect people to just keep throwing money at things they don't think are up to par?

Also if you expect people to stop complaining about things all together because we're 2-0 you're ignorant.

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
Assuming I was attacking anyone, or an actual donor for that matter, would be quite presumptuous. :)

It's one thing to say something about it in a manner that is respectful. It's another to just go off about it.

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
Why couldn't you meet your daughter at the door? It seems like they only let those that are supposed to be in, in.

Because it was so loud in the stadium I could not hear my cell phone. I ended up meeting her. It's just that the guy could have let him bring her to me.

As far as my e-mail to Jamie Pollard. It will happen. I will give it a few days though.

My experience gameday was great. I am not complaining about anything other than my club experience. It's a review for anyone who might want to buy tickets in that section. I see nothing wrong with my review.

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
Regarding food though, what happened to the walking tacos? I heard a rumor they would not be back this season and didn't see any for the Thursday night game. Did they have 'em last Saturday?

Just send an e-mail to JP.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
I had to much going on during the Thursday night game to attend. So it was my first chance in the club section. First off for the much money it's a joke.

1. The food was horrible. They had Kilbasa's (SP) and they had rock hard dry roast beef. The sides were potato chip's and dip and Pasta salad. So basically you were screwed if you had kids.

2. The employee's were jerks. My brother came over and got my daughter. She is 4. When I informed the door guy that my brother is going to bring my daughter back and drop her off at our seats with me he said he could not allow my brother in to drop her off. No just a little info. My brother is in the suites across the stadium. It's not like he was trying to score some crappy club food.

So basically I had to go out and buy 2 pizza's and some nachos for my family to eat. The club itself is nice in side and the Ice Cream cones in Red and gold were a nice touch. However the rest of it was no good.

I would have been happy with hotdogs and hambergers. Any type of Football tailgating food would have done.

So needless to say. I am not a thrilled contributer. I did however like the game.

What's so "not-kid-friendly" about kielbasa, roast beef, chips, and macaroni salad? I ate all of the above as a kid and loved it.

Maybe you need to take the "kiddie gloves" off and let your kids try something besides diced hot dogs and carrots every once in awhile...

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
Did I mention we left the game with 10 minutes left in the 4th quarter because the food made my wife sick?

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Also if you expect people to stop complaining about things all together because we're 2-0 you're ignorant.

True - we could go 12-0 and win the Big XII championship game this year and people will complain about something a silly as not having someone in the restroom to wipe their *** for them...

keepngoal

OKA: keepingoal
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
Just send an e-mail to JP.

couple days or a couple minutes?! :wink::confused::eek:

anyhoo.. what was wrong with the menu for kids??? you are wanting hotdogs? .. then the complaints are ... "we spend this much and get hotdogs for our kids???"

What would you want for a menu?

-keep

bellzisu

Apr 15, 2006
Norwalk
If I spent that much money and thought the accomadations weren't very good I'd say something about it too. You expect people to just keep throwing money at things they don't think are up to par?

What good is it telling "us" about it??

If I complain enough on this site, will I get a raise at work??? I doubt it.

If I complain enough on this site, will I get better treatment at ISU games?? Doubt it.

Go to the source. Talk to JP, or whoever your complaining about. Why tell a bunch of strangers? You come off sounding like a cry baby.

I'm sure things will be better. Like I said earlier, I would give anything to be sitting in those seats.

Reactions: keepngoal

keepngoal

OKA: keepingoal
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
Did I mention we left the game with 10 minutes left in the 4th quarter because the food made my wife sick?

No, you forgot that part. But wouldn't the food have left everybody sick?

-keep.

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
What good is it telling "us" about it??

If I complain enough on this site, will I get a raise at work??? I doubt it.

If I complain enough on this site, will I get better treatment at ISU games?? Doubt it.

Go to the source. Talk to JP, or whoever your complaining about. Why tell a bunch of strangers? You come off sounding like a cry baby.

I'm sure things will be better. Like I said earlier, I would give anything to be sitting in those seats.

That is the whole reason for a message board. If we went to the source on everything there would be no reason for a message board.

cybsball20

Nov 26, 2006
Des Moines, IA
If someone is willing to shell out money for one of those suites then the athletic department should go out of their way to make sure there are no complaints.

Reactions: keepngoal

ColoradoClone

Apr 6, 2006
People that can't make the game want to know about the experience. How does the signage look, how about the new uniforms? etc etc. Telling people that can't make the game about the good stuff is no different than telling those that can't sit in certain areas about the bad stuff. I don't see why his review is a problem. It's obvious by the title that it wasn't going to be a glowing review. If you dont want to read the bad stuff, you have the option of moving on. I for one am glad he shared his opinion, and I'm sure others who are on the fence about upping to the club level are too. It will be interesting to see if his experience improves after the e-mail he sends to JP.

Keep up informed if things change. I expect JP will take your suggestions seriously and you'll see improvement.