POLL: Football Uniforms... Where Do You Stand?

What Category are You In?

• "Get off my lawn" (Stay with our school colors. Cardinal and Gold only)

• "Keep it simple" (Cardinal and Gold for most games. 1 other non-black alternate MAX)

• "Mix it up" (Cardinal and Gold is a good start point. But recruits run the show so mix it up!)

• "Let's get weird" (I want to see black, camo, metallic, chrome, matte, ALL OF IT)

• "Don't change" (Stick with what we have, I like these uniforms)

• "Just win baby" (for the love of God, WHO CARES ABOUT UNIFORMS)

Results are only viewable after voting.

jc4cy

Jun 8, 2015
Iowa
After seeing the uniform threads blow up... let's see where the CF faithful stand on this 'debate'. These are the 6 main groups I have seen. Thoughts?

weR138

Feb 20, 2008
If "Let's Get Weird' is "Full Oregon" I'm for it. Because remember, UO has done a good job with not only new stuff / metallics but also throw-backs & integrating their mascot. Would love to see Cy used the way they use their Duck (name?).

What UO would never do is bust out that ridiculous Bugle.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
If "Let's Get Weird' is "Full Oregon" I'm for it. Because remember, UO has done a good job with not only new stuff / metallics but also throw-backs & integrating their mascot. Would love to see Cy used the way they use their Duck (name?).

What UO would never do is bust out that ridiculous Bugle.

No - they would just repurpouse tribal tattoos for "duck wings".

slide_366576_4310178_free.jpg

(to be fair, it's not a bad look - but it is still tribal tattooish)

• Creative
Reactions: octaviouspoon

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
I really have no problem with Oregon's uniforms. If they have a bad combo once in a while, it's usually gone by the next game, so it doesn't really matter.

I voted to "mix it up" because we probably won't have enough combinations to go full Oregon.

I am scared of the coming announcement of the new uniforms. Like really scared.

They could be the best things I've ever seen and give ISU a true visual identity on the football field, or they could be more bugle upside down poop emojis. I'm getting freaked out over here. I might need a hug.

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
Look sharp, play sharp. Little bit of flair never hurts, especially if wins come along with it.

dualthreat

Oct 8, 2008
I went with Keep it Simple although I wouldn't mind more than 1 alt jersey

I think it's pretty easy to go overboard with uniform combinations and they start to look like crap.

Reactions: cyclones500

dualthreat

Oct 8, 2008
I think the crazy uniforms and alt uniform combinations are on the downward trend now though. Every team is doing it and it's not a big deal like it was 10 years ago when Oregon started it. Now you're just behind if you aren't doing it.

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
"Just win" feels like a cop-out answer. We all want to win. I hope nobody is saying they'd trade x number of wins for a better uniform combo.

I went with mix it up. If mixing up uniforms gets us a second look from a recruit or is what the players want, I'm all for it.

Reactions: SC Cy

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Look sharp, play sharp. Little bit of flair never hurts, especially if wins come along with it.

I am concerned about your flair, Cows.

Whatever Oklahoma State is considered, I will go with that. Seems to always have solid combos without going too crazy.

There is good OSU...

2746bece6e2604133d827c0732a1e1b8.jpg

And bad OSU...

Justin+Blackmon+Kansas+State+v+Oklahoma+State+hmZ0ebMdIPjl.jpg

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
I am concerned about your flair, Cows.

There is good OSU...

2746bece6e2604133d827c0732a1e1b8.jpg

And bad OSU...

Justin+Blackmon+Kansas+State+v+Oklahoma+State+hmZ0ebMdIPjl.jpg

The stripes are a little odd in that second one, but I actually like the color combo otherwise.

In that first picture, it looks like he's holding a kid's-sized football.

cyyote15

Nov 3, 2013
Sioux Falls, SD
I really have no problem with Oregon's uniforms. If they have a bad combo once in a while, it's usually gone by the next game, so it doesn't really matter.

I voted to "mix it up" because we probably won't have enough combinations to go full Oregon.

I am scared of the coming announcement of the new uniforms. Like really scared.

They could be the best things I've ever seen and give ISU a true visual identity on the football field, or they could be more bugle upside down poop emojis. I'm getting freaked out over here. I might need a hug.

It is interesting the number of people nervous with the new jerseys. I think the best thing to do is look at what Campbell did at Toledo with uniforms. He never went crazy with to much chrome or weird colors. He had some clean uniforms that had a nice style to them. I, personally, am excited for the potential we have for uniform combinations! Cardinal and gold look great together and there are a lot of awesome things that you can do with them!

For the record, I went "Mix it up!" These are kids out there playing a game they love, why not have some fun with it!! They know once they get in the pros, they are stuck with the same old jersey styles!