POLL: Football Uniforms... Where Do You Stand?

What Category are You In?

• "Get off my lawn" (Stay with our school colors. Cardinal and Gold only)

• "Keep it simple" (Cardinal and Gold for most games. 1 other non-black alternate MAX)

• "Mix it up" (Cardinal and Gold is a good start point. But recruits run the show so mix it up!)

• "Let's get weird" (I want to see black, camo, metallic, chrome, matte, ALL OF IT)

• "Don't change" (Stick with what we have, I like these uniforms)

• "Just win baby" (for the love of God, WHO CARES ABOUT UNIFORMS)

Results are only viewable after voting.

WhatchaGonnaDo

Jun 28, 2011
lets-get-weird-workaholics.gif

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
Only reason I am worried is that stupid bugle they put out last season. I've seen it flashed in other places too, almost clandestine. It's like they're ashamed of it...

• Agree
Reactions: Cyclones01

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
I think the crazy uniforms and alt uniform combinations are on the downward trend now though. Every team is doing it and it's not a big deal like it was 10 years ago when Oregon started it. Now you're just behind if you aren't doing it.

Yeah, I think it would be a big whiff if we tried to get too flashy. I doubt we go that route. Oklahoma State is the goal. They have nailed the traditional/modern balance. Switch up the color combos, toss in a throwback logo here and there, maybe one "futuristic" alternate, and call it good. I'm about 80% confident they will mess up the base combo unfortunately, and we will be forced to just get used to it.

Alt uniform combinations are definitely not on the downward trend. Futuristic, ultra-modern takes like Oregon's might be, but certainly not alt combos.

CYCLNST8

Jul 19, 2008
Urbandale
www.gimikk.com
Went with "Mix It Up". Don't want to go all Oregon, but mixing and matching some combos isn't a bad thing if recruits eat it up.

I think the combo you roll with should be somewhat determined by that week’s opponent. Go for greater contrast. Emphasize red verses Iowa, gold verses Oklahoma, white verses Texas Tech, etc.

Land Shark

Apr 6, 2006
I would love to embrace Walking Cy on an alternate helmet. The Orr Cyclone as well.
To be clear, Coach Orr never used that logo- wanted nothing to do with that football look at all. His teams always wore Dribble Cy or an ISU script. The only association of Coach Orr with the Criner Clone (Criner and Roger Gade brought it here along with fire truck red and Green Bay yellow) is on a golf shirt. Coach Orr should not get blamed for that look

Clonefan94

Oct 18, 2006
Schaumburg, IL
I am older and have no problem mixing it up. I may not like the combinations, but if that’s what the kids want, it should be for them. That being said, we cannot have a black based uniform, the ridicule we would take for copying would be unbearable.

MeanDean

SuperFanatic
Jan 5, 2009
Blue Grass IA-Jensen Beach FL
I voted just win baby. That's my feelings. Uniform combos are a bit overplayed IMHO but if the players and most of the fans like 'em I'm not going to complain. I answered for what I thought.

If you don't win then uniform changes are just a band-aid on cancer. Or rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic (if the other's too graphic for you.)

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron