**Official 2018 Players Championship Thread***

cycloneG

Mar 7, 2007
Off the grid
I think this tournament deserves its own thread. I enjoy watching it more than the PGA Championship.

Play has already begun, Rose is -3 thru 3 holes.

Some really good pairings today.
McIlroy, Spieth and Thomas this morning.
Woods, Mickelson and Fowler this afternoon.

Reactions: Cyclonepride

Go2Guy

Mar 18, 2006
Houston, TX
I think this tournament deserves its own thread. I enjoy watching it more than the PGA Championship.

The 17th hole is a great challenge and fun to watch, but I like all the Majors and big PGA events.
Here in Houston, we have a course called Tour 18 which reproduced eighteen of the most renowned holes on the PGA event; Amen Corner / Doral's 'Blue Monster' / and TPC's 17th Island Green; all with pretty much the same layout and yardage and hazzards of the real hole. Public course; pretty awesome experience

https://www.tour18golf.com/course/tour

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville

Year after year, the best test in golf. You have to do everything and anyone can win because distance isn't all that effective. Tiger is the only guy in the field to win it multiple times. It's just a great event. I'll take Rose, Tiger, and Rory this week. Its surprising Rose hasn't won one of these. I think these are the types of events Tiger will be able to win going forward and no one has a better score to par than Rory over the past 5 years.

• Agree
Reactions: isutrevman

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
Been at least 3 eagles on 12 already.

Set-up might be a tad easy.

Last edited:

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
The 17th hole is a great challenge and fun to watch, but I like all the Majors and big PGA events.
Here in Houston, we have a course called Tour 18 which reproduced eighteen of the most renowned holes on the PGA event; Amen Corner / Doral's 'Blue Monster' / and TPC's 17th Island Green; all with pretty much the same layout and yardage and hazzards of the real hole. Public course; pretty awesome experience

Do they sell sleeves of balls at each hole? That sounds brutal.

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
A couple days ago, there was a story that Mickelson invited Tiger to a mano-a-mano showdown. Something like, "Forget this tournament, let's just you and me go at it."

Reactions: isutrevman

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com

That course sounds like it would offer both the coolest thing ever and a good chance to ruin my confidence in golf forever.

cyclonestans

Dec 20, 2013
Iowa

You may have just added to my bucket list! That looks awesome!

Reactions: Go2Guy

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
A couple days ago, there was a story that Mickelson invited Tiger to a mano-a-mano showdown. Something like, "Forget this tournament, let's just you and me go at it."

Tiger said they could play for enough to make Phil "uncomfortable".

That'd be a lot.

• Agree
Reactions: SCyclone

Go2Guy

Mar 18, 2006
Houston, TX
You may have just added to my bucket list! That looks awesome!

Hole #9 at Tour 18 = the 17th Hole at Sawgrass.
I play from the Blue Tees which is about 125 yds and I use a 9-iron; I think the pros today are playing 140 yards and they still use just a Wedge :)

cycloneG

Mar 7, 2007
Off the grid
DJ and Webb Simpson the early leaders in the clubhouse at -6.

Woods, Mickelson and Fowler group teeing off shortly.

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
Phil going with the button down today looking like he snuck out of the office early to get in a quick round before dinner.

CtownCyclone

Really Strong Cardinals
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 20, 2010
Where they love the governor

Every time I tried to play there, we got rained out. I took it as a message.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
I'd pay $1 if tournaments would kick out morons who scream after every shot.

As would I. If you come up with something good that's funny or at least topical, fine. Yelling stupid **** that doesn't mean anything is annoying for everyone else. I have zero problem with these guys getting the boot from time to time.

Help Support Us

Become a patron