**Official 2018 Players Championship Thread***

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
I hope he goes low again and gets to -22 or -23. Kinda doubt it tho. Lots of pars, a few birdies on the par 5s and a few bogeys. Probably needs to shoot even or so.
That would be boring. I hope he has a handful of double bogey’s to make things interesting. Nothing against Webb, but I hate Sunday’s with a runaway winner. Today would be really fun with DJ, Day, Spieth, Tiger, and JT all chasing him within a couple of strokes.

Cyclone.TV

Sep 3, 2016
That would be boring. I hope he has a handful of double bogey’s to make things interesting. Nothing against Webb, but I hate Sunday’s with a runaway winner. Today would be really fun with DJ, Day, Spieth, Tiger, and JT all chasing him within a couple of strokes.

Watching a guy play this well isn’t boring to me, I suppose. He’s playing some of the best golf.

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA
I’m looking forward to them moving on from Phil and Tiger.

Personally, I could tolerate more Ricky and Reed coverage. Spieth and Thomas would be OK too.

I get why the wall to wall coverage but I think much of that has passed by and the networks have no clue what to do. He's just not an interesting story anymore - not someone you can connect with like so many of the other players.

I watch most Sunday rounds and I just hope TW goes out and bogies the first few holes so the coverage switches to the contenders who have played consistently good golf.

Cyclone.TV

Sep 3, 2016
I get why the wall to wall coverage but I think much of that has passed by and the networks have no clue what to do. He's just not an interesting story anymore - not someone you can connect with like so many of the other players.

I watch most Sunday rounds and I just hope TW goes out and bogies the first few holes so the coverage switches to the contenders who have played consistently good golf.

So much wrong with this post. So much.

• Agree
Reactions: isutrevman

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
I’m looking forward to them moving on from Phil and Tiger.

Personally, I could tolerate more Ricky and Reed coverage. Spieth and Thomas would be OK too.

I could pass on all of that. Rickie is boring once you get through the surface. Reed is incredibly boring in general and all the Thomas/Spieth stuff is so played out. Give me some more Danny Lee stuff. Give me some Kiradech stuff. There are SO many interesting guys out there with stories. Chesson Hadley is incredibly interesting to listen to. I just think golf should be a sport where people can connect a little with guys because you always see them, you see everything they go through and you can get so close. Use that instead of the same run of the mill Spieth/Thomas spring break story.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville

Tiger Woods, the guy who played the game better than anyone, who underwent three microdissectomies followed by a back fusion, trying to come back and compete/win isn't an interesting story? It might be the second most interesting story in the history of golf behind Hogan getting hit by a bus and coming back. The idea it's not is insane.

• Agree
Reactions: CliveClone17

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota

You seem to have a really strong confirmation bias going here where any coverage of Woods is unjustified. :rolleyes:

And there are no "contenders" today, just a race for 2nd place. :p

Tiger is hanging in with the race for 2nd, albeit with like 10 other dudes, so it's not like they are covering a guy who is in last place. If Simpson wasn't there blowing up the course this would be a crazy 4th round today with a playoff almost guaranteed.

CychiatricWard

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 27, 2017
Des Moines
I think tiger is slowly getting himself together. These last two days have been some really good golf by him, to say the least. If only Webb wasn't so far out in front, this back nine would be crazy right now.

Cyclone.TV

Sep 3, 2016
If he can get to 17, he might have a shot. 16 maybe if Simpson can see that he might get even more nervous.

mywayorcyway

Mar 1, 2012
Phoenix
Tiger has played some really, really good golf the last two days. I didn't think he still had this in him. Let's see if he can get through the end without an implosion.

Wish Lee could have dropped a couple of these putts. Things would be interesting.

• Agree
Reactions: isutrevman

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA
You seem to have a really strong confirmation bias going here where any coverage of Woods is unjustified. :rolleyes:

And there are no "contenders" today, just a race for 2nd place. :p

Tiger is hanging in with the race for 2nd, albeit with like 10 other dudes, so it's not like they are covering a guy who is in last place. If Simpson wasn't there blowing up the course this would be a crazy 4th round today with a playoff almost guaranteed.

No confirmation bias - I just am over the TW stuff and have been for many years. He gets more than his share of coverage regardless of where he is in the field. Not his fault - the networks are trying to sell commercials and he still sells ads.

Watching today just reinforced my view - he's a prick on the course when it doesn't go his way and that's crazy to say seeing as he carded 3 great rounds.

I watched him (attended Saturday and Sunday) at the Bubba masters win and he's so off-putting on the course.

Back in the day he was like Tyson where there was no question that he'd be in it or win it but that was before his life crumbled around him. I appreciate his contributions to golf but no reason I have to like him or admire him or have an interest in him.

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA
Tiger Woods, the guy who played the game better than anyone, who underwent three microdissectomies followed by a back fusion, trying to come back and compete/win isn't an interesting story? It might be the second most interesting story in the history of golf behind Hogan getting hit by a bus and coming back. The idea it's not is insane.

Nope. Not to me. Not to lots of people who want to see where the game is going and not be nostalgic to where it was 8 years ago?

Cyclone.TV

Sep 3, 2016
Nope. Not to me. Not to lots of people who want to see where the game is going and not be nostalgic to where it was 8 years ago?

Lots of people? It’s not that many. Just look at his galleries, TV ratings, and what even the pros around him say. You are more than welcome to your own opinion but you are in the clear minority.

Where the game is going is still around Tiger, spieth, Thomas, etc.. Those guys are getting the coverage because they are the best and the most popular.

• Agree
Reactions: CliveClone17

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville

********. You going to tell me you didn't care about Jack at the 86 Master or Watson at the 2009 Open next?

See, people that say the **** like you're saying don't really care about what they say they care about. You've had the better part of 4 years to see where the game's going. People that say what you say can't name 5 guys on the Web.com tour, they can't name NCAA champions and they can't name prominent amateurs that will be coming up. They are shocked when Si Woo Kim and Haotong Li win something. These things are all really easy to follow and look up if you want to but, really, people just want to ***** about Tiger coverage despite the overwhelming evidence that he is still the needle and will be the needle until it's clear he isn't competitive anymore. That certainly isn't the case at this point.

• Agree
Reactions: CychiatricWard

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
No confirmation bias - I just am over the TW stuff and have been for many years. He gets more than his share of coverage regardless of where he is in the field. Not his fault - the networks are trying to sell commercials and he still sells ads.

Watching today just reinforced my view - he's a prick on the course when it doesn't go his way and that's crazy to say seeing as he carded 3 great rounds.

I watched him (attended Saturday and Sunday) at the Bubba masters win and he's so off-putting on the course.

Back in the day he was like Tyson where there was no question that he'd be in it or win it but that was before his life crumbled around him. I appreciate his contributions to golf but no reason I have to like him or admire him or have an interest in him.

I'd like to know how he was a prick on the course today. "More than his share of coverage" is such a ridiculous statement. Not only is he the most underrated golfer of all time, those guys have made so much money off of him (they will all admit this) it's not even funny. FFS, Charles Howell has won twice and has made 30 million in his career due to Tiger inflation.

Cyclone.TV

Sep 3, 2016
I did not realize that “bababooey” was a Howard stern reference. Learn something new every day.