2018-2019 Non Conference Schedule

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Didn't see anything directly posted about this, but wanted to get some thoughts/discussion going about this. I can update as we get more info.

What we know:

• Home game against Missouri
  • Away game at Iowa
  • Neutral game vs. Drake
  • Jim Maui Invitational: We'd play 3 of the following:
-Arizona
-Auburn (currently projected a 3 seed)
-Duke
-Gonzaga
-Illinois
-San Diego State
-Xavier

• SEC game (could be either place but my guess is on the road).

My guess is all other games will be cupcakes because holy hell that's going to be tough. If they could somehow win a couple in Hawaii, that would carry so much weight.

Cyballzz

Feb 1, 2010
Didn't see anything directly posted about this, but wanted to get some thoughts/discussion going about this. I can update as we get more info.

What we know:

• Home game against Missouri
  • Away game at Iowa
  • Neutral game vs. Drake
  • Jim Maui Invitational: We'd play 3 of the following:
-Arizona
-Auburn (currently projected a 3 seed)
-Duke
-Gonzaga
-Illinois
-San Diego State
-Xavier

• SEC game (could be either place but my guess is on the road).

My guess is all other games will be cupcakes because holy hell that's going to be tough. If they could somehow win a couple in Hawaii, that would carry so much weight.

I think we get a campus game with Maui as well.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
ISU has a chance to really get their name out in front if they beat say Duke/Xavier/Zona ect....though after Zona losing 3 games in a tourney this year, I'm sure next year they'll be on a mission....that is if they still have their coach/recruits ect.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Sign me up for...

2-1 in Maui

2-1 (vs Mizzou, @ Iowa, Drake neutral)

Hopefully winnable match up for SEC/Big12 (still hate that event)

Definitely want to win the 1st one in Maui, then go from there. I love that no one will be taking us seriously yet our talent will be so much better than this year.

@iowa will be tough even if we have better talent. Flashbacks to last season where we just didn't look interested.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
With Drake improving, that should help our SOS as well next year. Just can't drop that game in Des Moines.

MartinCy

Jul 12, 2016
Kansas City, MO
ISU has a chance to really get their name out in front if they beat say Duke/Xavier/Zona ect....though after Zona losing 3 games in a tourney this year, I'm sure next year they'll be on a mission....that is if they still have their coach/recruits ect.

It's really going to be something to see how Arizona fills out a roster. 4 graduating seniors and 3 underclassmen turning pro + might have some transfers with the cloud over the program.

What are they bringing in? Chase Jeter, the Duke transfer, but other than that currently zero 2018 commits.

Cyballzz

Feb 1, 2010
Would rather Missour not be first game like last year.

I will be surprised if Missouri is the first game I think the early schedule will probably go (Edit: and be totally wrong).

11/9 or 11/10 Maui campus game (Edit: I meant to type Missouri campus game....yeah lets go with that)
Sometime between 11/12 and 11/15 - Non Con bum
11/19 - 11/21 - Maui games
11/25 - Non Con bum

I would bet Missouri shows up in the 11/28 - 12/1 time frame sort of like Cincy in 2016. (Edit: and be off a month....)

Based on recent history we already know Iowa most likely will fall on 12/6, another non con bum on 12/9 and Drake on 12/15.

Last edited:

1UNI2ISU

Jan 30, 2013
Waterloo
Drake takes a BIG step back next year. They lose 6 seniors and like 90% of their scoring and rebounding. He avoided a rebuiling year this year because he had older guys. Next year the rebuild starts and starts HARD.

ZZZ

Feb 10, 2013
Ames, IA
How is Missouri supposed to be?

I'm assuming Michael Porter Jr. will go pro, does Jontay have a chance to leave? I have watched Tilmon play a couple times this year and have been impressed. Not really sure what their backcourt will look like however

Help Support Us

Become a patron