Random Thoughts XI (Eleven Pipers Piping)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MLawrence

Jan 21, 2010
Gather around everybody, as I want to share a tale about how my evening has gone. But first a little back story, so in an attempt to get healthy I have been going to the gym after work. It's still every early in the process and only Day 2.

Well Day 2 is leg day, and after the workout my gluteus maximuses are a burning. I proceed to hobble up a flight of stairs to my second story apartment to clean off and start doing some laundry. At this point in the story it's important to note that my wife is working her part time job tonight, so I got the place to myself. I can hobble as slowly as I want without any judgement.

Eventually I start to get hungry, and I not really in the mood to cook for myself. I decided that Chinese sound pretty good. I order from place that is very close to my apartment. Like it's in that gray area of should I walk or drive there. With my muscles being sore, it being dark and drizzling, it's a no brainer to drive.

I put on some sweats, shoes without socks, a coat, and proceed to close a locked door behind me. I search for my keys in coat. However, they are not in any of my pockets. I knew exactly where I left my keys in the now locked apartment.

So it looks like I am making the half mile round trip from the restaurant to my apartment hobbling in the drizzly weather. In the meantime I text my wife to see if she would be able to leave early to let me into the apartment. No response from her when I get back to the apartment. I proceed to eat my Chinese sitting on the stair steps and wait for my wife to let me in.

After finishing the main course, I snap into my fortune cookie and start to read the fortunate. It reads, "The time to make new friends is now." After all I have gone through tonight, that's how you're going play me you judgemental little morsel?

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Gather around everybody, as I want to share a tale about how my evening has gone. But first a little back story, so in an attempt to get healthy I have been going to the gym after work. It's still every early in the process and only Day 2.

Well Day 2 is leg day, and after the workout my gluteus maximuses are a burning. I proceed to hobble up a flight of stairs to my second story apartment to clean off and start doing some laundry. At this point in the story it's important to note that my wife is working her part time job tonight, so I got the place to myself. I can hobble as slowly as I want without any judgement.

Eventually I start to get hungry, and I not really in the mood to cook for myself. I decided that Chinese sound pretty good. I order from place that is very close to my apartment. Like it's in that gray area of should I walk or drive there. With my muscles being sore, it being dark and drizzling, it's a no brainer to drive.

I put on some sweats, shoes without socks, a coat, and proceed to close a locked door behind me. I search for my keys in coat. However, they are not in any of my pockets. I knew exactly where I left my keys in the now locked apartment.

So it looks like I am making the half mile round trip from the restaurant to my apartment hobbling in the drizzly weather. In the meantime I text my wife to see if she would be able to leave early to let me into the apartment. No response from her when I get back to the apartment. I proceed to eat my Chinese sitting on the stair steps and wait for my wife to let me in.

After finishing the main course, I snap into my fortune cookie and start to read the fortunate. It reads, "The time to make new friends is now." After all I have gone through tonight, that's how you're going play me you judgemental little morsel?

Thought this was going to be a version of what a friend posted on FB the other day:

"Today marks my first week without any sugar. Running 2 miles each day and yoga before breakfast. Hitting the gym after breakfast and lifting heavy for 2 hours. I've stopped eating meat, dairy, flour too. No caffeine. All fruit and veggies are organic. No GMO'S. The change in my body has already been fantastic! I feel GREAT! I plan to make this my new lifestyle. Zero alcohol. (Not easy) Eating a healthy diet that is completely vegan, gluten-free caffeine-free and sugar-free. And working out for 3 hours every day!

I don't know whose status this is, but it said to copy and paste..."

She had me going till I go to the "zero alcohol" part. o_O

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
You don't read fortune cookie very well, do you? It was telling you to knock on another apartment's door and make a new friend so you could get out of the hallway while you wait.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.

I started singing this post like the Beverly hillbillies after the first couple words.

• Agree
Reactions: jcyclonee

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Thought this was going to be a version of what a friend posted on FB the other day:

"Today marks my first week without any sugar. Running 2 miles each day and yoga before breakfast. Hitting the gym after breakfast and lifting heavy for 2 hours. I've stopped eating meat, dairy, flour too. No caffeine. All fruit and veggies are organic. No GMO'S. The change in my body has already been fantastic! I feel GREAT! I plan to make this my new lifestyle. Zero alcohol. (Not easy) Eating a healthy diet that is completely vegan, gluten-free caffeine-free and sugar-free. And working out for 3 hours every day!

I don't know whose status this is, but it said to copy and paste..."

She had me going till I go to the "zero alcohol" part. o_O

Who the hell has time for all that? Must be another retired person.

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
Thanks for the advice. My wife can't make up her mind about spring break, so I'm about to just book some rooms in San Antonio and putz down there. Kids are fine missing track, and the oldest has become less about school sports (has really personally grown during his injured time) and about experiences more than anything.
I've spent quite a bit of time in San Antonio for work. One word of advice, if you want good Mexican food, don't get Mexican food on the Riverwalk.

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
Gotta remember to leave JC out of it. His group does key cabin parties.
Key party vacations are the best vacations.

When we stayed out there, we stayed in a campground called "Headwaters Campground at Flagg Ranch" (I think @00clone suggested it). It's not in the park but it is between Yellowstone and The Grand Tetons and if there's no sites available in Yellowstone, this was very convenient. I'd highly recommend spending a day at Grand Tetons Park while in the area.

• Agree
Reactions: ImJustKCClone

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I've spent quite a bit of time in San Antonio for work. One word of advice, if you want good Mexican food, don't get Mexican food on the Riverwalk.

Any suggestions? Will do the Alamo, sea world, river cruise.....these things most likely. Will have a couple open days.

Plus, any ideas on a quick break for something along the way down and back. Either drive like a banshee and one hard day, but probably two easy days each.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
You don't read fortune cookie very well, do you? It was telling you to knock on another apartment's door and make a new friend so you could get out of the hallway while you wait.
Oh - I wasn't thinking hallway. I was picturing poor, sad, lonely MLaw sitting on the front steps outside in the rain & cold, eating his dinner from a bag...

• Agree
Reactions: cowgirl836

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Key party vacations are the best vacations.

When we stayed out there, we stayed in a campground called "Headwaters Campground at Flagg Ranch" (I think @00clone suggested it). It's not in the park but it is between Yellowstone and The Grand Tetons and if there's no sites available in Yellowstone, this was very convenient. I'd highly recommend spending a day at Grand Tetons Park while in the area.
We stayed in the RV park in West Yellowstone just outside the park. It was nice to be just about a quarter mile from the park.

Reactions: jcyclonee

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Any suggestions? Will do the Alamo, sea world, river cruise.....these things most likely. Will have a couple open days.

Plus, any ideas on a quick break for something along the way down and back. Either drive like a banshee and one hard day, but probably two easy days each.
We usually make a pilgrimage to ****'s Last Resort while there. It's kind of out of the way on the riverwalk. Food is primarily barbecue and pretty good, lots of it & decent prices. We get a kick out of it because of the interaction with the wait staff. Their shtick is to be "surly", and the more you play along the more it ramps up. The boys loved it.

Okay, fine. RICHARD's Last Resort. sheesh...

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis

I've never been far outside of downtown/the Riverwalk but I just enjoy walking around the Riverwalk and people watching. I would recommend a trip to Market Square. It's a "Mexican-type" market south of the Riverwalk. It's a cool area to walk around in.

• Informative
Reactions: BCClone
Status
Not open for further replies.

Help Support Us

Become a patron