Kent State game

wesley_w

Oct 23, 2006
I think they have about 15 starters returning on a team that beat us last year, including the quarterback. I honestly don't remember all that much about them but in looking at the stats they outgained us by 57 yards and I think I remember the quarterback being very good.
Just based on that, I would think this will be a very tough game. What do you folks think the keys will be to winning? They averaged 4.0 yards per rushing attempt against us so I think our D-Line needs to play very well.

Go Cyclones!!!:smile:

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
BC shut them out last night. Not sure how good their defense was expected to be, but that makes me feel a little better about saturday. I think (hope) Chizik is taking last year's era-opening loss personally. I'm thinking somewhere 32-14 good guys.

Jun 20, 2008
Minneapolis, MN
BC's defense was rated #2 in the nation last year against the rush. Compare that to what ISU was rated (100+ I believe) and we may have some struggles. I am more anxious about game number 2 and the game number 3 for the cyclones. The defense needs to fly to the ball and not just hit but also wrap up on Saturday. I am hoping we keep pressure on the QB but try and keep him in the pocket. I think he his less likely to beat us with his arm than with his legs.

AirWalke

Aug 7, 2006
Des Moines
Judging by the SDSU demolition we witnessed on Thursday, Chizik and the team aren't taking any chances this year. I'll be surprised if this one is ever close by the end of the game.

Clones85'

Just Win Baby
Jan 31, 2007
27-17 ISU.

BC run defense is much much better than ours. Kent St dropped a lot of balls yesterday as well. Their QB will give us some trouble but not nearly as much as last year, as I think we are a smarter faster team. Their RB is shifty and will go for over 100 yds against us but as long as we limit the big plays I think we win this one more comfortably the score will say

Nothingman

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 31, 2006
It's simple but the key to winning will be turnovers.

aeroclone

Oct 30, 2006
I said the same thing about the SDSU game: I don't know how we can think that this game could be a challenge and then turn around and predict several wins in Big 12 play. I still think a 5 or 6 win season is possible, so I'm saying we win this by at least 2 touchdowns.

rahtotheames

Aug 3, 2006
First-teamers in until 10:37 left in the 4th quarter. Cyclones pull out win 31 - 6.

I'm a college football guru if you didn't know.

Todd Blythe

Sep 24, 2006
i think we will be looking for some revenge after last year...but turnovers are the key...we cant give up 3 like we did against SDSU

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
BC's defense was rated #2 in the nation last year against the rush. Compare that to what ISU was rated (100+ I believe) and we may have some struggles.

As long as we're tossing out misleading statistics, let's also note that Boston College finished 88th in the nation in passing defense. For comparison's sake, ISU's admittedly atrocious passing defense was 91st. Yep, a mere .25 ypg behind--less than a foot.

And the Cyclone rushing defense was 44th. Not "100+".

Let's face it. Kent has a couple of good players, but it looks like they aren't a very good team. I have a hard time imagining Gene Chizik and Wayne Bolt not being up to scheming for a couple of players. I'm not up for prognostications yet, but Chizik's team, if not out for revenge, will certainly be eager to prove themselves improved over last year's edition. And here's the thermometer.

I just won't suggest that it's Kent State that should be bending over. :biglaugh:

Reactions: kkise

isuno1fan

Mar 30, 2006
Clive, Iowa
They will prove frustrating. We need to keep the QB from scrambling too much for yardage and also watch the dinks and screens to their RB.

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
This ISU team is a lot better than last years. It wont be another blow out but ISU will win 36-21

hoosman

Sep 4, 2006
Davenport
It seemed like they controlled the line of scrimmage last year and we haven't fixed that problem yet. We should win, but we'll probably need some big plays: turnovers, long passes, and returns.

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown
I think they are a little better than last year, but we are a lot better than last year, but I still only give ISU a slight edge. This one will be tough one, I could see ISU being only a 2-3 pt favorite when the lines come out.

thunderdave

POOTMFS
Apr 14, 2006
I think they are a little better than last year, but we are a lot better than last year, but I still only give ISU a slight edge. This one will be tough one, I could see ISU being only a 2-3 pt favorite when the lines come out.
I'd put the opening line at ISU -6.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron