Solo: A Star Wars Story

FarminCy

Nov 14, 2009
Nowhere and Everywhere
9rYVxqH.jpg

In all seriousness it shows that his brainwashing meltdown rant earlier today is nothing new!!!

• Funny
Reactions: 3GenClone

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
OK, I wanted to weigh in on this. First off, the trailer looked good and no doubt I'll be going to see the movie probably opening night. And it is cool that Ron Howard is directing. BUT, I get kind of annoyed at the need to explain every single thing about the SW OT. I mean, one of the best things about those films was the things that they left up to the imagination. When I was a kid, we used to play and imagine how the rebels got the Death Star plans or what happened in the Clone Wars or how Darth Vader hunted down the Jedi. Now, since no one seems to have any new ideas and they know they can make money, they've decided to lay the whole thing out there by explaining every single back story. I'm sure in this movie, we'll see the Kessel Run, watch Han meet Chewbacca and see him win the Falcon from Lando. There's no more leaving anything up to the imagination...just continual replaying of backstories. I'm sure that there's a Kenobi and a Vader film coming down the line.

Personally, I agree with Ted Flint on Twitter, that a Lando movie would be a lot more interesting. Something that is not so integral to the OT.

I've always been a huge SW fan, but after seeing both a few times, who out there actually thinks that The Last Jedi or The Force Awakens is better than Thor Ragnorok? I don't.

• Agree
Reactions: coolerifyoudid

Bret44

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 8, 2009
Cedar River Valley
I am not a fan for this whole "I am bound for greatness" out of Han. He was a smuggler who wanted to no part of fighting the empire unless he got paid. Maybe I am wrong, but that is what I got out of the trailer. I mean is a stuck up, half-witted, scruffy looking, nerf herder. Ya dig?

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
I am not a fan for this whole "I am bound for greatness" out of Han. He was a smuggler who wanted to no part of fighting the empire unless he got paid. Maybe I am wrong, but that is what I got out of the trailer. I mean is a stuck up, half-witted, scruffy looking, nerf herder. Ya dig?

I think it's plausible that he wanted to be the best pilot in the galaxy when he was young. It will be interesting to see him go from that to the scoundrel he became.

I thought the trailer looked pretty darn good.

What some people who are tired of Backstory movies may not realize, these backstories have been told and retold in multiple novels and comics that are suddenly no longer canon. They are trying to replace that with new official backstories and hopefully do it well. Rogue One was fantastic. If Solo is anywhere near as good, I'm going to be very happy.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land

There is some lucasfilm back story from waaaaay back that the stripes down the pants he wears signify he was on track to have elite status before he rebelled against the system.

It would be pretty out of canon for the hard core fans to not take him down the initial road it seems they are in the trailer.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Hopefully the fact that Black Panther already has an army of people waiting to down vote it on RT will lead to a trend of ignoring the fan voting on that site unlike how millions of people used the opinion of 60K trolls on TLJ instead of forming their own.

There's nothing less than stellar about the trailer, really pains me that I can't say more on this one.

Certainly a director change merits some skepticism. Core parts of the trailer are official Lucasfilm lore on Han and Lando's characters so the critique of those elements seems odd to a long time fan. People criticizing "A Star Wars Story" subtitle...that was on Rogue One as well. It's their way of trying to get less hard core fans to not expect this as a continuation of Luke/Rey/Leia/Kylo. Frankly I think it should be stressed more as I know some people who were confused/disappointed that Rogue One wasn't the continuation of Rey's story.

• Agree
Reactions: alarson

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
Hopefully the fact that Black Panther already has an army of people waiting to down vote it on RT will lead to a trend of ignoring the fan voting on that site unlike how millions of people used the opinion of 60K trolls on TLJ instead of forming their own.

There's nothing less than stellar about the trailer, really pains me that I can't say more on this one.

Certainly a director change merits some skepticism. Core parts of the trailer are official Lucasfilm lore on Han and Lando's characters so the critique of those elements seems odd to a long time fan. People criticizing "A Star Wars Story" subtitle...that was on Rogue One as well. It's their way of trying to get less hard core fans to not expect this as a continuation of Luke/Rey/Leia/Kylo. Frankly I think it should be stressed more as I know some people who were confused/disappointed that Rogue One wasn't the continuation of Rey's story.

Speaking of the bolded, I remember my wife sitting next to me during Rogue One saying, "I wonder if Jyn and Cassian are Rey's parents!" Then, at the end of the movie she said, "Nevermind".

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
I think this looks pretty ****** cool! He doesn't really remind me of Ford at all, but that's fine. I prefer he make the character his own vs trying to mimic Ford. Definitely a different vibe. Much more of a gritty feel to it like Rogue One. Given all the **** surrounding this movie I'm more excited than I was prior to seeing the trailer.

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines

I've been re-watching the trailer and I can't help but see "American Graffiti in Space." If you think about it, the characters in this film should have attitudes & mannerism based in the 1960s - and if you want an expert on the 1960s it's Ronnie freakin' Howard. I wasn't sold on Howard replacing Lord and Miller, but after this trailer I am way more optimistic about this film.

• Agree
Reactions: HFCS and cyhiphopp

CloneFan4

Aug 5, 2010
West Des Moines
These last few years have been so disgusting as a Star Wars junkie. Continually commercializing spinoffs and porg like characters with ****** sequals. I guess I shouldn't have expected anything less from Disney.

• Agree
Reactions: Frak

Bader

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2007
Ankeny
These last few years have been so disgusting as a Star Wars junkie. Continually commercializing spinoffs and porg like characters with ****** sequals. I guess I shouldn't have expected anything less from Disney.
I know I just wish we could return to the golden era of the Special Editions, Prequels, and the EU that is hot garbage outside Timothy Zahn