Solo: A Star Wars Story

harimad

Jul 28, 2016
Illinois
There have already been leaks - this is the hero that leads a scrappy group to victory:

AR-170219841.jpg&MaxH=500&MaxW=652
I love it!

SOLO(mon): an ISU Story

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
OMG that's such an original take! At least the prequels had a plot line that didn't piggy back off former fame.

Not trying to start a fight, but I gotta ask. What do you actually want to see? Do you want to just have the original trilogy and the prequels? The Darth Vader story and that's it?

I think the recent movies have been pretty darn good. Yes it might have been nice to have them branch out a bit from the original trilogy outline, but they were good movies.

CloneFan4

Aug 5, 2010
West Des Moines
Yeah. Trade disputes and ****** dialogue!

If you can't see the mastery behind Palpatine's puppet show that one is on you. As far as dialogue goes the only one that struggled with that was Ani.

Not trying to start a fight, but I gotta ask. What do you actually want to see? Do you want to just have the original trilogy and the prequels? The Darth Vader story and that's it?

I think the recent movies have been pretty darn good. Yes it might have been nice to have them branch out a bit from the original trilogy outline, but they were good movies.

Something other than Darth Vader lite, Death Star 2.0, numerous thinly veiled political statements, and the constant overly dramatic ,impending death to the Rebels only to pull something out of their ass at the last second scenes.

Yes I'd rather see the series die than have gone this route through Disney and JJ Abrams.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
If you can't see the mastery behind Palpatine's puppet show that one is on you. As far as dialogue goes the only one that struggled with that was Ani.

Something other than Darth Vader lite, Death Star 2.0, numerous thinly veiled political statements, and the constant overly dramatic ,impending death to the Rebels only to pull something out of their ass at the last second scenes.

Yes I'd rather see the series die than have gone this route through Disney and JJ Abrams.

I prefer to think as everything outside of the original three as non-canon.

It makes everything easier.

Reactions: cyhiphopp

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
These last few years have been so disgusting as a Star Wars junkie. Continually commercializing spinoffs and porg like characters with ****** sequals. I guess I shouldn't have expected anything less from Disney.

Its like you never even saw any other star wars.

Take off your rose colored childhood glasses and realize the sequels, including TLJ, are exactly what Star Wars has always been. Honestly was one of the better ones of the entire franchise for me.

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny

You must have watched different prequels than I did. I would love to watch a grittier, suspense thrilled prequel trilogy with Sheev pulling all the strings but instead we got a bunch of kid friendly action, bad dialogue by more than just Little Ani, and that's just Episode 1. Episode 2 featured the worst on screen romance since Twilight, forced dialogue and one liners, and an evil apprentice of the week since they killed off one of the few good things from Episode 1 with Darth Maul (who they gave two lines to in the whole movie). Then Episode three gave us some actual plot and drama, but with some poorly thought out actions by most characters just to get it to the already known end.

I love Star Wars. I've watched the original trilogy more times than I can count. I wore through multiple box sets on VHS as a kid until the tapes no longer played. I played with my older brothers action figures and sets and had my own.
The prequels almost ruined the entire franchise. If you can't see that the new trilogy and Rogue One aren't better, even with less than original plot points, then you have some odd nostalgia about the Prequels. If I had to guess I would say you were still a kid when Phantom Menace came out? That's the only way you could see "mastery" in the prequels.

CloneFan4

Aug 5, 2010
West Des Moines

Take off your rose colored childhood glasses and realize the sequels, including TLJ, are exactly what Star Wars has always been. Honestly was one of the better ones of the entire franchise for me.

Sweet. I gave my opinion and if you follow numerous Facebook groups devoted to Star Wars you'll hear many with the same feelings.

I've seen every Star Wars bar TLJ at least four times. Don't sit here and act like my opinion is any less than yours, because I dare to see the prequels as anything less than the popular mainstream opinion casuals push on everyone else.

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
Sweet. I gave my opinion and if you follow numerous Facebook groups devoted to Star Wars you'll hear many with the same feelings.

I've seen every Star Wars bar TLJ at least four times. Don't sit here and act like my opinion is any less than yours, because I dare to see the prequels as anything less than the popular mainstream opinion casuals push on everyone else.

Don't get defensive please. Or aggressive, pretty please.

I understand where a lot of people don't like that the new movies have been somewhat formulaic and overly connected with the Orig Trilogy. I respect that opinion.

I personally don't see that as a deal breaker for me. And my opinion is that anything is better than the Prequels.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee

Another crappy take from @alarson, what a shocker.

I enjoy watching lazy clip shows, as well.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
Look at how clean and shiny the interior of the Falcon is! Han and Chewie must be some dirty mofos. Never go with all white interior. It doesn't age well.

Reactions: DurangoCy

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny

When you whine about things as if those things are a problem, when those things were in every other star wars movie, yeah, your opinion is going to get pretty low value.

And ooh, some places on the internet are angry. Yeah, nerds rage about all kinds of stupid things. As a nerd, its one of the most annoying things about being a fan of sci-fi. See also: every single star trek ever produced after TOS being hated by a vocal segment. Yet despite all the whining, and prognostications that the movie would be a failure due to a vocal minority's whining, the movie went on to do just fine.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
You must have watched different prequels than I did. I would love to watch a grittier, suspense thrilled prequel trilogy with Sheev pulling all the strings but instead we got a bunch of kid friendly action, bad dialogue by more than just Little Ani, and that's just Episode 1. Episode 2 featured the worst on screen romance since Twilight, forced dialogue and one liners, and an evil apprentice of the week since they killed off one of the few good things from Episode 1 with Darth Maul (who they gave two lines to in the whole movie). Then Episode three gave us some actual plot and drama, but with some poorly thought out actions by most characters just to get it to the already known end.

I love Star Wars. I've watched the original trilogy more times than I can count. I wore through multiple box sets on VHS as a kid until the tapes no longer played. I played with my older brothers action figures and sets and had my own.
The prequels almost ruined the entire franchise. If you can't see that the new trilogy and Rogue One aren't better, even with less than original plot points, then you have some odd nostalgia about the Prequels. If I had to guess I would say you were still a kid when Phantom Menace came out? That's the only way you could see "mastery" in the prequels.

Gosh, your first paragraph, a tense political thriller combined with a brutal war movie covering the Clone Wars and all occupying the most imaginative science fiction universe of pop culture, sounds about a million times better than what we actually got.

• Winner
Reactions: CloneFan4

CloneFan4

Aug 5, 2010
West Des Moines
When you whine about things as if those things are a problem, when those things were in every other star wars movie, yeah, your opinion is going to get pretty low value.

And ooh, some places on the internet are angry. Yeah, nerds rage about all kinds of stupid things. As a nerd, its one of the most annoying things about being a fan of sci-fi. See also: every single star trek ever produced after TOS being hated by a vocal segment. Yet despite all the whining, and prognostications that the movie would be a failure due to a vocal minority's whining, the movie went on to do just fine.

I'll take this at face value considering one poster has already commented on your low quality of takes.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
I'll take this at face value considering one poster has already commented on your low quality of takes.

Well, if you want to take the word of an insufferable jackass that a good portion of the board has on their ignore list, that's up to you.

Cyclones423

Dec 30, 2009
Des Moines, IA
Hopefully the fact that Black Panther already has an army of people waiting to down vote it on RT will lead to a trend of ignoring the fan voting on that site unlike how millions of people used the opinion of 60K trolls on TLJ instead of forming their own.

There's nothing less than stellar about the trailer, really pains me that I can't say more on this one.

Certainly a director change merits some skepticism. Core parts of the trailer are official Lucasfilm lore on Han and Lando's characters so the critique of those elements seems odd to a long time fan. People criticizing "A Star Wars Story" subtitle...that was on Rogue One as well. It's their way of trying to get less hard core fans to not expect this as a continuation of Luke/Rey/Leia/Kylo. Frankly I think it should be stressed more as I know some people who were confused/disappointed that Rogue One wasn't the continuation of Rey's story.

There's an army of people waiting to trash Black Panther? I checked and saw that 98% of the audience "want to see it".

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
There's an army of people waiting to trash Black Panther? I checked and saw that 98% of the audience "want to see it".

Users aren't allowed to review it yet. There are online movements to trash it, very similar to what's been growing with some of the new Star Wars movies. It's pretty ugly stuff in some corners of the web. It only takes about 10-20k trolls with a lot of effort. The "ugly" aspect gets mixed with the people who have some general hate of any new Star Wars too...which I don't think Marvel really has since this huge blitz of movies is really still in its first iteration, although there does seem to be a mix of the "ugly" crowd and DC nerd fanboys.

CloneFan4

Aug 5, 2010
West Des Moines
Don't get defensive please. Or aggressive, pretty please.

I understand where a lot of people don't like that the new movies have been somewhat formulaic and overly connected with the Orig Trilogy. I respect that opinion.

I personally don't see that as a deal breaker for me. And my opinion is that anything is better than the Prequels.

Look it doesn't bother me that people don't like the prequels, a difference of opinion isn't anything to get upset over, but explain why you don't care for the prequels (as you've done) but my god does it get annoying when people don't articulate their depth of opinion and pile on like everyone else.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee

Not the good half that actually enjoy discussing things rationally and as adults. @alarson and his ilk have problems with different opinions than their own.

And posts longer than a paragraph, which is hilarious for the college-educated.

I think his problem is that he fails to see the problem in his own statement. Of course the Disney sequels are the same thing as the original trilogy.

That is the problem.

They play as self-referential clip shows, not grand science fiction/space opera adventures.

When all you are thinking about it, "Saw that character/scene/line/musical cue/situation/plot point/location before" constantly, of course you are never in the film itself.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: CloneFan4

CloneFan4

Aug 5, 2010
West Des Moines
Not the good half that actually enjoy discussing things rationally and as adults. @alarson and his ilk have problems with different opinions than their own.

And posts longer than a paragraph, which is hilarious for the college-educated.

I think his problem is that he fails to see the problem in his own statement. Of course the Disney sequels are the same thing as the original trilogy.

That is the problem.

They play as self-referential clip shows, not grand science fiction/space opera adventures.

When all you are thinking about it, "Saw that character/scene/line/musical cue/situation/plot point/location before" constantly, of course you are never in the film itself.

I didn't exactly respond with a level head and that's on me. My bad.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron