WVU player throws a punch at floor-rushing fan

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
The back of my ticket states:

"The holder of this ticket voluntarily assumes all risks and dangers incidental to attendance at this event, including the risk of lost or damaged property or personal injury of any kind, whether occurring before, during or after the game. It is understood that the license granted by this ticket is for the purpose of viewing the game as an eyewitness only."

Seems pretty clear to me.

This just clears the venue of liability if someone gets hurt at the arena, it doesn't justify getting punched by a thug who can't handle losing.

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
Remember a K-State fan bumping, intentionally, a Ku player during a similar storming. The student apologized and was disciplined. Much commotion was made of the event nationally. But the Ku player was not ignorant enough to swing at the student. The WVU player needs to sit a couple games. And TxT needs to tighten its court security.

• Agree
Reactions: NoCreativity

knowlesjam

Oct 21, 2012
Papillion, NE
Hard played emotional game...still no reason for a player to take a swing even if the fans are mouthing off...it's Tech, of course the fans were mouthing off. Look forward to the game at WV...I'm sure the fans will be perfectly fine.

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
The player should be suspended, but it's at the end of an hard fought game and emotions are high so I wouldn't crucify the player just yet without knowing if there's a history of poor actions or character.

• Winner
Reactions: Doc

FerShizzle

person/genius
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 5, 2013
Des Moines
The back of my ticket states:

"The holder of this ticket voluntarily assumes all risks and dangers incidental to attendance at this event, including the risk of lost or damaged property or personal injury of any kind, whether occurring before, during or after the game. It is understood that the license granted by this ticket is for the purpose of viewing the game as an eyewitness only."

Seems pretty clear to me.
Below that it says,

“Please remember that rushing the court is for losers and beneath the dignity this program. Always mock. Never do.”

TykeClone

Burgermeister!
Oct 18, 2006
The player should be suspended, but it's at the end of an hard fought game and emotions are high so I wouldn't crucify the player just yet without knowing if there's a history of poor actions or character.

He did choose to attend and play for WVU...

• Funny
Reactions: DurangoCy

State43

Nov 22, 2010
Omaha, NE
The fan grabbed him from what I can tell thinking he was being cute. The player should not hit him but **** that fan, watch what you are doing dummy.

• Agree
Reactions: Tornado man

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
This just clears the venue of liability if someone gets hurt at the arena, it doesn't justify getting punched by a thug who can't handle losing.
AKA exactly what I responded to, that you shouldn't "expect" to be protected when you violate the terms of usage of your ticket and go running out onto the court. If people want to rush the court, that's fine so long as they are OK with ALL of the potential consequences.

• Disagree
Reactions: VeloClone

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
Remember a K-State fan bumping, intentionally, a Ku player during a similar storming. The student apologized and was disciplined. Much commotion was made of the event nationally. But the Ku player was not ignorant enough to swing at the student. The WVU player needs to sit a couple games. And TxT needs to tighten its court security.
Correct. Fine the school $50,000 and suspend the player who punched a fan for two games and the two other players that were pushing and shoving fans for one game.

veteran4cy

Nov 13, 2012
Ankeny
The fan grabbed him from what I can tell thinking he was being cute. The player should not hit him but **** that fan, watch what you are doing dummy.
The fan had his hand up. Didn't grab him. When the person in front of him stopped to let the players through, he went around him and bumped into the player. Didn't appear at all intentional.

randomfan44

May 30, 2015

The guy in the red sweatshirt that got punched in the back of the head by Harris was clearly just running with his arm in the air and inadvertently bumped into Harris. And then Konate went after a fan as well.

• Agree
Reactions: keepngoal

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
#1 Fans don't belong on the court.
#2 Players shouldn't be punching fans on the court
#3 There's something rich about Iowa State fans calling WVU players thugs when we literally had a guy ninja kick a WVU player in Morgantown.

• Winner
Reactions: randomfan44