Votes: 27 46.6%
  • Georgia

Votes: 31 53.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CloneFan4

Aug 5, 2010
West Des Moines
Unlike the Patriots, Bama basically signs whoever they want. The number of kids on their roster who were rated No. 1 in the state is incredible. Just ask TOE fans.
I respect what Alabama does with the talent they land, I just wish the NC was spread out past some of the traditional powers.

What would you change? Should Bama just pass on guys for college football's parity sake? This is a by product of Saban being the greatest college football coach of all time.

• Winner
Reactions: isufbcurt

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
What would you change? Should Bama just pass on guys for college football's parity sake? This is a by product of Saban being the greatest college football coach of all time.

Not saying any of the rules should change and I realize Saban is a great coach.
Bama is just controlling recuiting game now because of the success they're having, just as ND did years ago. It will pass, just hope it is sooner than later.

• Agree
Reactions: CloneFan4

ca4cy

Dec 6, 2009
North Central IA
Saban has balls the size of church bells for making that qb change. I suppose you can say he had nothing to lose as Hurts wasn't moving the ball, but who pulls a guy in the natty that's 25-2 as a starter for a true freshman that's never played a meaningful snap? Maybe it's just the fact that I can't wrap my brain around a roster with that much talent just waiting in the wings.

Playboi Carti

May 7, 2017
The hate for an elite team on this board is laughable. Like the Patriots, we're in the middle of a dynasty. College Football is a hell of a lot more fun when you learn to respect this Bama team rather than being petty and hating a team because they've won 5 out of the last 9. I understand this board is enamored with UCF because they're the underdog and we're constantly the underdog ourselves, but reality is that UCF didn't deserve to be in the playoffs.
Believe me I like elite teams, bama is just not one of those. It's not fun to see them completely reload with 4 and 5 star athletes year after year. I guess I'd just like to see other teams win.

CloneFan4

Aug 5, 2010
West Des Moines
Believe me I like elite teams, bama is just not one of those. It's not fun to see them completely reload with 4 and 5 star athletes year after year. I guess I'd just like to see other teams win.

tenor.gif

CycloneWanderer

Nov 4, 2007
Wandering
You'd see a lot more parity in college football if you actually had a real playoff system that revolved around conference champions. Having a committee select only 4 or 8 teams only benefits the big name programs.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
I about puked listening to all the "adversity" nonsense from Saban after the game. What a story-- a group of pluckey upstarts fighting against all odds to championship glory. When adversity is having to turn to your 5 star, Elite 11 freshman QB you are doing ok.

• Agree
Reactions: ca4cy and cyhiphopp

cyfanatic13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Did you mean Bama isn't a team you like or Bama is not an elite team? I think you meant the first one and just worded it poorly but nothing would surprise me with you

• Winner
Reactions: isufbcurt

CychiatricWard

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 27, 2017
Des Moines
Unlike the Patriots, Bama basically signs whoever they want. The number of kids on their roster who were rated No. 1 in the state is incredible. Just ask TOE fans.
I respect what Alabama does with the talent they land, I just wish the NC was spread out past some of the traditional powers.

I would rather see other teams win it too, but the fact is that Saban just out coaches everyone for the most part. They win all the time because they do the things that make teams successful, and do it year after year.

Recruiting talent obviously helps, but look at teams like Texas, they get good recruits left and right but can't do what Bama does. It's coaching, plain and simple. If some of these other teams want to win, they need to not only get the players, but coach their players to be smart, and disciplined too.

jbhtexas

Oct 20, 2006
Arlington, TX
You'd see a lot more parity in college football if you actually had a real playoff system that revolved around conference champions. Having a committee select only 4 or 8 teams only benefits the big name programs.

The bolded part is pretty much what the CFP is designed to do, and also monetarily benefit a couple of the P5 conferences along the way.

Probably nothing much is going to change. The TV ratings were reportedly good last night, so there is really no impetus to change the format of the money grab.

I'd love to see the G5 conferences band together and come up with some sort of plan to extort the hec out of the big $$$ P5 teams who want to schedule them. That's the only way the G5 is going to get anything out of this deal.

"Hey Alabama, you with your 9 figure athletic budget want to play a couple of us G5 dudes so you can have a bunch of home games and pad your schedule? That will cost you $15,000,000/game."

cyinne

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2009
O-town, Iowa
What a weird situation for Jalen Hurts. All he does is win games and he now may be out on his ass. I think that Alabama sees Tua as their qb of the future and Hurts wont get much play. I had also heard this morning that Tua has felt that he has been the better qb and should have beat out JH in the preseason and has had the better bowl prep practices and had one foot out the door ready to transfer after the season was over because he didn't want to waist playing time riding the pine- the situation last night may have completely changed the situation for him. Hurts may be the one with the foot out of the door now.

Jalen Hurts, come on down?!?

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
What a weird situation for Jalen Hurts. All he does is win games and he now may be out on his ass. I think that Alabama sees Tua as their qb of the future and Hurts wont get much play. I had also heard this morning that Tua has felt that he has been the better qb and should have beat out JH in the preseason and has had the better bowl prep practices and had one foot out the door ready to transfer after the season was over because he didn't want to waist playing time riding the pine- the situation last night may have completely changed the situation for him. Hurts may be the one with the foot out of the door now.

Could he play nest season?

CloneFan4

Aug 5, 2010
West Des Moines

Jalen is much more geared for running the ball. I'd honestly rather have Zeb.

Playboi Carti

May 7, 2017
Jalen is much more geared for running the ball. I'd honestly rather have Zeb.
Come'on really? Jalen is an elite runner at the QB position and isn't a bad passer at all. To say you wouldn't want him as the ISU qb is ludicrous
Screen Shot 2018-01-09 at 3.51.27 PM.png

Last edited:

CloneFan4

Aug 5, 2010
West Des Moines
Come'on really? Jalen is an elite runner at the QB position and isn't a bad passer at all. To say you wouldn't want him as the ISU qb is ludicrous
View attachment 52879

You were literally just ******** about Bama having their pick at five and four star recruits. For one Jalen doesn't get close to matching those numbers here and two he does not fit our system.